Pavilion on Northbourne
$113
Novotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Restaurant
Hotel Kurrajong Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$114
$93
Mercure Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$93
$85
Mercure
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$90
Agoda.com
Hyatt Hotel Canberra(Canberra)
$170
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Avenue Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$141
Brassey Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$112
$100
1,290 results
All reviewsindoor gardenatrium barcentral atriumspa suitebuffet breakfastsingle bednorthbourne avenuedickson shopscity centreroom servicefree parkingcomfortable bedthe air conditioningplenty of parkingwould stay againpleasant stayvisiting canberra
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We have stayed at the Pavilion in Canberra several times, and have decided it is the only place to stay. We have tried other places but they are either noisy or in poor condition or generally not good value. The atrium space at the Pavilion is particularly enjoyable and it is lovely to arrive or leave the room and walk past all the lovely healthy plants and gentle water features. The rooms are comfortable and have always been very clean, but some are a bit small. The staff are routinely professional and pleasant. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the hotel are quieter, as they don't front Northbourne Avenue.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CD6017
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed in a one bedroom suite. It was very clean and comfortable, the ensuite was massive. All staff were excellent and the meals for breakfast and dinner were first class. Will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: One bedroom suite worth it
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Positves:

1. Good location, central to most places;
2. Reasonable room rates.

Negatives:

1. Rooms very motel standard, as were hallways etc
2. I booked this hotel as it had a gym, it was terrible, no weights whatsoever
3. Elevator was horrible and jerky!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AussieScots
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife & I have just spent a 2 night stay at the "Pavilion On Northbourne". We both very much enjoyed our stay at the hotel, we found all the staff was excellent & very helpful. We couldn't find any faults & would not hesitate staying there again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I've just returned from my night at the Pavilion so it's all fresh in my mind. Check-in was smooth and pleasant. My room was really lovely: clean, comfortable and spacious. The bathroom was a different matter, I couldn't believe how small it was. I would have preferred less hotel room and more bathroom as I was so looking forward to a hot, relaxing bath. Instead I was squished on the floor of the shower in shallow water. I also took a swim which was not a good experience. Why anywhere in Canberra would have an outdoor pool is beyond me, let alone one that's not adequately heated. I had to stop swimming after a few laps as the cold water was making it hard for me to breathe, seriously. My next issue was room service. When I ordered dinner it turned out I had an old menu in my room and the items I wanted were no longer available. No haloumi or duck fat chips for me boohoo! All staff were friendly, apologetic where necessary and informed. They were great. And the food I eventually settled for was yummy. My actual nights sleep was not so great. Firstly, I was woken up a few times by either the sound of the TV next door or their water running. At 6am I was woken by a motorbike revving directly under my window. This was despite asking for a quiet room: I wonder if there are rooms away from the carpark as it appears to circle much of the building. The buffet breakfast was tremendous and again, friendly staff. Eggs cooked how you like them, lots of options such as cereal, fruit, pastry etc. Very, very good. My biggest gripe came on check-out. I was charged for champagne and chocolates that my dear husband had ordered for me, despite the fact he had called ahead and specifically requested that I not be told the cost and had also gone to the extra effort of filling out and faxing a direct debit form so I wouldn't have to pay for them. I was also charged nearly $30 for a beverage package I hadn't ordered, however this was deducted without too much fuss. So, would I stay again? Yes, I would be prepared to give another chance. Next time I'd pay the extra amount offered on check-in to upgrade to a spa suite and I'd steer clear of the pool. I'd also request a room away from the carpark, but also pack earplugs.

• Stayed: October 2012