I recently booked a 2 bedroom apartment online at this property.
Although it was satisfactory, we came home from breakfast at 10.15am to prepare to check out to find an employee in our apartment. He said we needed to get out of the apartment as check out was at 10am. I told him their website said checkout was at 11am, as did my booking confirmation and the screen shot I have attempted to attach to this review. He accepted this and we said we'd be out ASAP. About 5 minutes later reception phoned our room telling us we needed to vacate the room as we were past check out time. Once again, my husband explained that our paperwork & their website said check out was 11am. Her response was "It's not, it changed months ago."
I do feel that if you are going to change your check out time it needs to be changed on everything to avoid confusion, not to mention the awkward situation of walking into your apartment that you paid $250/night for to find a stranger walking around it!
OK, so, the actual apartment -
We arrived to find the second bedroom had 2 single beds, despite requesting another double in the reservation. We did not query this as I had only made the booking that morning.
The apartment was relatively clean and contained everything you might expect to find in self contained accommodation. Our bed wasn't very comfortable - I could feel the springs in the mattress.
There is a spa bath in the bathroom and the shower is over this. It is quite awkward to get in and out of, as other reviewers have said. If you are elderly or have any mobility issues I'd definitely take this into consideration.
I won't stay here again. I feel it is overpriced for what it is and I have stayed in much nicer accommodation in Canberra for less $$$.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pinnacle Apartments offer a mix of one, two, three and four bedroom fully serviced apartments, found nestled in a tree-lined Kingston street. The Pinnacle Apartments offer security and relaxation in the heart of Australia’s capital. This is a perfect retreat for those travelling to Canberra on business with the convenience of being so close to the commercial hubs of Barton, Parliament House and the Russell Offices. The moment you open the front door and step inside your apartment, you will discover the naturally lit living area. Serviced daily, each apartment comprises oversized living areas and balconies. Guests have access to a gym, outdoor pool, BBQ area and complimentary WiFi ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pinnacle Apartments Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinnacle Apartments Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Pinnacle Apartments Canberra Kingston