This is the second time I've stayed here - the first time with my fussy mum and everything was fine. So I had no problem booking this for Easter with another family. We booked a four bedroom apartment at $350 a night, then added another night (when we arrived we were told this would be $400 for extra night!!!!!).
Unfortunately the disappointments then began. The first of which being the weird room arrangement (for apartment 12) and lack of loungeroom seating for a 9 guests (only 2 2-seaters). The kitchen was very poorly equiped, the bathroom tired and dated (and the shower/bath impossible to get into), the upstairs shower leaked badly, plumbing is very noisy (not good at night), the lighting was poor,and bed springs were very noticeable and uncomfortable.
Though this is supposed to be a seviced apartment we found a note in our room to say limited service on good Friday but in fact lasted the whole 5 nights we stayed. All that was done was making of bed (kind of), new bath towels and bins emptied (no toilets cleaned, new tea towels). The worst part was that a shelf fell out of the fridge and broke a bottle and even though we notified the front desk ,when we returned to our room it had not been vacuumed. When we went to let them know we were given a vacuum to do it ourselves - but the vacuum was a joke and got up hardly any of the glass.. They did managed to find someone from housekeeping who came and mopped and vacuumed (but there was still more glass slivers). We ended up putting a blanket over the area to keep it safe for the kids.
The BBQ was filthy and utensils dirty (so we ended up cooking inside) and it appeared to not even work. One day the gym was locked and another it smelled very bad, no fresh air and food over the floor. Like the review below we weren't impressed with the noise and behaviour of the sporting groups.
The car park was over-full on numerous occasions and diffiicult to maneuver around.
We will definitely not be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pinnacle Apartments offer a mix of one, two, three and four bedroom fully serviced apartments, found nestled in a tree-lined Kingston street. The Pinnacle Apartments offer security and relaxation in the heart of Australia’s capital. This is a perfect retreat for those travelling to Canberra on business with the convenience of being so close to the commercial hubs of Barton, Parliament House and the Russell Offices. The moment you open the front door and step inside your apartment, you will discover the naturally lit living area. Serviced daily, each apartment comprises oversized living areas and balconies. Guests have access to a gym, outdoor pool, BBQ area and complimentary WiFi ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pinnacle Apartments Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinnacle Apartments Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Pinnacle Apartments Canberra Kingston