Rydges Capital Hill Canberra
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Realm(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$157
  • Pool
Avenue Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$143
$131
  • Restaurant
Hotel Kurrajong Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$98
  • Restaurant
Pacific Suites Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$173
$115
  • Restaurant
Pavilion on Northbourne(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$85
$151
$143
  • Bar/Lounge
1,139 results
All reviewsparliament housepriority guestfree wifibuffet breakfasttwo double bedsmanuka shopsindoor poolspa bathnational galleryhotel restaurantundercover parkingfull buffetspacious roomshort drivequestaconexhibitionaustralia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Loved the breakfast! The room was good, and I found the staff helpful and courteous.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
caphill-7, General Manager at Rydges Capital Hill Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2010

Dear MAMSydney

I appreciate your great review of our hotel. It's lovely to know when one of our guests have enjoyed their stay.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed March 19, 2010

We stayed in an executive spa suite, it was great value, had a beautiful bathroom, had a nice and quiet outlook and the beds were fantastic. There was a sofa bed so the room would have slept 4. Overall the hotel had fabulous service, everything was as hoped. They were even able to sell me the Art Gallery tickets I was imagining I'd have to queue for, over their front desk. I'm looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family

Dear SerenitySydney

Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel. I have passed your kind words about our excellent service on to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel

Reviewed March 17, 2010

We stayed at the Rydges Capital Hill in order to visit the Parliament Houses (new and old), and the National Gallery. Rydges was convenient to these places, close enough to walk (even with small children on a hot day, though that was pushing it a bit), and comfortable with friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
caphill-7, General Manager at Rydges Capital Hill Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2010

Dear Mr_OP

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with everyone on Trip Advisor.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in Canberra and we can't wait to welcome you back next time.

Reviewed March 11, 2010

The hotel was old and tired and desperately in need of a refurbishment.

A/C throughout the building was arctic. When I turned it off in my room there was no running hot water. Called reception and they asked me whether I had turned off the AC because the water heater and AC ran on the same switch!

Room service trays were left in the hall (consistently) for in excess of 4 hours. Over priced compared to other nearby options.

Total rip-off on credit card surcharge.

EXTREMELY un-ecofriendly with 20 litre/min shower heads!!!! Makes a mockery of the "we're committed to the environment so don't put towels out for washing" crap printed on bathroom cards.

Overall, extremely poor and would not return unless refurbished or prices were cut by 40%+

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank drewberrylicious
caphill-7, General Manager at Rydges Capital Hill Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2010

Dear Drewberrylicious

I am so sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. If you would like to contact me and advise your room number then I can have our Maintenance Manager review the air conditioner in that room so that no future guests are disturbed. reservations_capitalhill@rydges.com.

We are committed to the environment and as such take pride in our continued efforts to reduce waste and water in this hotel. Our shower heads are currently 9 litre shower heads.

I do hope I hear from you so I may follow up with the points raised in your review. Thank you for taking the time to alert us to these issues.

Reviewed March 5, 2010

Check in, check out very efficient. Front desk staff excellent. The letdowns: breakfast on Sunday almost 'Fawlty Towers'-ish. Crockery and cutlery not available - patrons were drinking juice from coffee cups, not enough bread or hot food. Staff seemed to be doing their valiant best but there were just not enough of them. Was told that coffee from the cappuccino machine cost extra!

I had a hire car and was told it costs to park in the secure carpark and I thought this was odd, given the hotel's location probably meant most of the patrons would be driving to it. Ended up parking on the street behind. There were also a number of empty carparks nearby which looked to be un-used on the weekends and that would be an option for hotel patrons - just wondering why I wasn't given that choice.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
caphill-7, General Manager at Rydges Capital Hill Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2010

Dear Sapere_aude828,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad you found the front desk staff to be excellent and efficient. We pride ourselves on our people and I have passed your kind words on to the team.

I am so sorry that the breakfast was understaffed on the morning you had breakfast with us.

We hope to see you again next time you visit Canberra

Kind regards