Seemed to me to be a pretty good hotel overall. It was a business stay but the place was clean and tidy, has obviously been done up recently and broadband speeds were OK. I was a bit concerned when I booked at Rydges Capital Hill after having read the previous reviews but I had no choice nothing else was available, all I can say is that the previous reviewers must be pretty hard markers. I am a corporate traveller and spend three weeks a month in four star hotels somewhere in Australia. Yes some of the comments about the property starting to show some age are probably accurate but it seems to have had a fairly thorough refurbishing, new carpets and new arm chairs everywhere and also new (and very comfortable) beds. Reception area was nice and the staff were very efficient and extremely pleasant when I checked in. I thought the gym was pretty good but I absolutely loved the 25m lap pool (heated and inside). Yes the case goods had a few marks but who cares, just some signs of use, anyways you just put your gear on it. For me the making of my trip was generated by the friendly staff, they were just great. As I said I stay a lot in four star hotels and Rydges Capital Hill certainly isint the newest property but the staff made the difference to me, you can get a new room anywhere but people who make you feel at home are hard to find and to me make the difference. Almost forgot, the location is awesome, the food at the hotel was, I thought, above average, but just down the road is the Manuka area with an abundance of good and a few great restaurants, I have previously stayed in the city, never again nothing to do or anywhere to eat. I'll be staying here again, even if it is a bit expensive in the busy parliament season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE WIFI!! Rydges Capital Hill is the ideal Canberra hotel from which to base your stay in the Nation's Capital. Whether you are visiting for leisure or business, you'll find everything you need within close proximity at one of the best Canberra accommodation providers. This Canberra hotel is 500 metres from Parliament House, surrounded by the busy business districts of Barton and Parkes, walking distance to Manuka and Kingston, and close to most of Canberra's national attractions. The city is a 5 minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Rydges Capital Hill Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Capital Hill Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Capital Hill Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Capital Hill