There's nothing really 'wrong' with this place, it's just bland. Clearly old and a bit tired, the property has been renovated as best as possible for a property of its age. Except the bathrooms which are...tired. But everything is clean and well maintained and the rooms are spacious enough.
The bed is quite comfy, which is a plus. Only 5 mins walk to Manuka where there are plenty of food options and next to Manuka oval if you're here for sport. Obviously it's a business hotel during the week and in that respect would be perfectly functional esp if you are working in the parliamentary zone.
If you get a special deal, you'll be happy with the hotel if a clean room and friendly staff are all you require.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE WIFI!! Rydges Capital Hill is the ideal Canberra hotel from which to base your stay in the Nation's Capital. Whether you are visiting for leisure or business, you'll find everything you need within close proximity at one of the best Canberra accommodation providers. This Canberra hotel is 500 metres from Parliament House, surrounded by the busy business districts of Barton and Parkes, walking distance to Manuka and Kingston, and close to most of Canberra's national attractions. The city is a 5 minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Rydges Capital Hill Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Capital Hill Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Capital Hill Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Capital Hill