For the price I paid, the 2BR apartment suited me perfectly. The apartment is of an older style, the bath tub which acts also as the shower alcove small (but I don't take baths, so who cares?) but the bathroom itself was quite spacious.
There's more than enough room for four people (i.e. a whole family) plus 2 more if they want to sleep in the lounge room. For a larger family not wanting to spend money on meals out, the stove seems to work perfectly fine although I can't find any saucepans. I'm fairly certain if I asked for a saucepan the staff would find me one though.
The "double bed" was/is two singles pushed together. I didn't find it uncomfortable - I just found it "odd". That said I'm used to my Queen Size waterbed so any motel bed is generally "odd" to me.
* for what it is, it's not expensive
* it's close to many attractions
* it's close to Manuka
* it's close to the Italo Australian club if you can't be bothered cooking but also don't want to walk to Manuka
* it is basic - don't expect a modern appartment
* I agree, it could be housing trust, government style accomodation
That said if I had to stay in Canberra for an extended period of time I could definitely make myself feel home here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Forrest Hotel and Apartments is a wonderful family owned and operated hotel in the heart of Canberra. We offer FREE WIFI FREE PARKING AND ESPRESSO COFFEE!!! Located just behind Parliament House in the leafy suburb of Forrest, we are ideally suited for government, business and leisure travel.We have 76 hotel rooms and 40 serviced apartments, with a conference room, restaurant and deck overlooking the beautiful parkland setting.Accommodation options:• Standard Room (sleeps 2): Enjoy the cosy comfort of double or twin share rooms • One Bedroom Apartment (sleeps 4): Spacious and private with separate kitchen and lounge area• Family Rooms Two Rooms (sleeps 5): kitchen/lounge/dining• Executive Two Bedroom Apartments (sleeps 4): Stylish decor and ultimate comfort and facilities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Forrest Hotel And Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.