“Don't park your car!”
Review of Quest Canberra

Quest Canberra
Ranked #27 of 58 Hotels in Canberra
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Stayed Friday & Saturday night couldn't get to sleep because of the noise outside. On Saturday night my car was damaged while parked in the hotel car park. Quest although apologetic said there was nothing they could do.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Brian1098

Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed in a onebedroom deluxe apartment. It was very spacious, the kitchen was fully equipped, big comfy bed, and for the reasonable price were impressed by the decor and comfort factor. Our room had a balcony and was right over the pub which concerned us at first but we couldn't hear anything on a Friday or Saturday night.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank pandaSydney
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed at the Quest Canberra over the Queens Birthday weekend. Firstly, I loved how it was in one of the original old buildings right in the centre of the city. If you don't have a car, you have to stay here as it's one block away from the city bus terminal, close to at least 3 supermarkets (a bonus given its a serviced apartment) and also close to the shopping centre.

I stayed in a one bedroom apartment with a full kitchen.. The room was modern and everything was in great order. I normally find the couches (sofas) in serviced apartments very uncomfortable but these were good.

The main reason for my happiness with Quest was that I was staying there when the Chilean ash cloud was causing havoc with flights in and out of Melbourne (my home city). So I was unsure if I was able to fly home or not. I went down to the reception and the manageress was very sympathetic, extended my stay (no problems at all) for another night (at the same daily rate that I'd paid by booking in advance).. it turns out that I didn't need to stay the extra night (as I was able to fly home that afternoon) and that was no problem at all either, as I wasnt' charged for staying past my check out time.

I will stay there everytime I go to Canberra.. a combination of a great location, nice rooms and amazing customer service.. .

And I don't understand all the negative reviews about the noise, I hardly heard it at all.

Highly recommeded !!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank ReenieSu
Reviewed January 22, 2011

Having stayed in other Quest apartments we were very happy to book a stay in Canberra at the Quest as the location is fantastic with easy access to shops, cafes and restaurants. However, what they didn't tell us when we booked was the location of our room was right over a pub. This is not great when you have an infant and they can't get to sleep and the bass is pumping into your room at 1am!! The room was actually quite well laid out and tidy but we will never stay at this apartment block again or recommend it to any of our friends.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank crunchy100
Reviewed July 2, 2010

I had stayed at this property a few years back while visiting Canberra with family. The hotel was not by far up to a 4 star standard. I returned to Canberra recently, for work this time, and was very pleasantly surprised with the radical change in quality of rooms and customer service. Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Whilst the room had been refurbished to a good standard, the old wooden windows let in a lot of noise. When I stayed here in winter another time previously, these old windows let in the cold, also.

The front desk closes at 10pm, not very convenient if you want to check in a bit late.

The noise from the back lane was terrible. Around 12.30am the patrons leaving the pub downstairs were yelling and swearing. This was followed by the pub staff dumping glass bottles into the dumpstyer at about 1.30am, and again the noise of the garbage truck at around 2.00am.

Give this place a miss there are better rooms to be had for the same prove elsewhere in Canberra Civic area.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank hardya
QuestCanberra, General Manager at Quest Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2010

Dear Hardya,
Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback regarding your recent stay at Quest Canberra. I am disappointed to read that you had did not enjoy your stay due to noise from the laneway outside your room. As of Monday 22nd Feb I have taken over as the new GM at the property and one of my first tasks is to complete soundproofing in all rooms. As you can appreciate, being a heritage listed building we do have the original window fixtures from 1921, hence there are not completely air tight. Soundproofing is due to commence with the final stage of our renovation from the 5th March - 16th April. Should we have an opportunity to regain your business please do not hesitate to contact me directly at manager.canberra@questapartments.com.au I will ensure you are well looked after. Tracey Howell

Reviewed January 3, 2010

Very disappointed with the tired over priced rooms here. Staff too busy watching a DVD at the front desk to attend to you. The rooms badly need refurbishing the appointments are old and the beds awful. This is a pity because we loved the location but had to find something more comfortable. Would try again once the upgrade is completed.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
QuestCanberra, General Manager at Quest Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2010

Dear guineveretn,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay at Quest Canberra. I am new to the property and I was shocked to read that a member of staff was watching a DVD instead of attending to our guests. Please note that this was brought up with staff and it was confirmed to me that the member in question is no longer employed at Quest Canberra. The final stage of our renovations is due to begin on the 5th March, with a finish date mid-April. Lobby and bed upgrades are also being addressed in the 2010 budget. We hope to welcome you back in the future once these upgrades have occurred. Tracey Howell