Kingston Terrace Serviced Apartments
Mercure Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$150
$85
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$90
Novotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$118
$98
  • Restaurant
Hotel Kurrajong Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$98
Brassey Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$112
$102
Avenue Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$126
$129
$94
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 1, 2012

A nice location that is pretty handy to the Kingston strip of shops, restaurants and bars. I stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with my wife and in laws from overseas. The appartment itself was fine but unfortunately the only thing that remains with me was the unbelievable attitude of management towards recycling. All plastic and glass bottles are placed into the dumpex along with all other refuse for landfill, I checked with the kind chap at reception expecting that I was not able to locate bins - but was told that they do not bother... I am far from being a raging greeny but to me I found this to be appalling and perhaps a little out of place for the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed at Kingston Terrace Serviced Apartments for only one night and thought that it was ok and suited our requirement, that being location. Being so close to the Kingston shops and restaurants is really great, a very short walk and you have everything at hand.
We booked a one bedroom apartment and were a bit disappointed when we arrived, thought that it was a bit on the small side. If we were staying for a few days would definately look for a better option. It was very hard to know how large the one bedroom apartment was as the photos they show are of "family sized" two or three bedroom.
There was plenty of parking, pool looked nice, but didn't have time to use it. Although it was not "bad" there are other better options in the area. We would look to stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I spend approximately one week per month in Canberra. This trip had my family along for the ride, so I chose to stay in an apartment rather than a hotel.

Kingston Terrace was a good choice for a family stay, but with a few limitations that would prevent me using it if I was on my own.

The good. A great little playground and a solar heated pool; both got extensive use from my children during unseasonally warm weather. Excellent parking facilities. Spacious rooms. Family-grade furniture. Great location between Kingston and Manuka.

The not-so-good. No lifts; I have a wife who believes that packing is something generally done to excess, I cursed her as I carried every bag up and down the stairs. Earlier I commented that a good point was the family-grade furniture, a shortcoming is that the apartment isn't designed with a professional work space in mind. There is a small desk, but it isn't at a good height, and doesn't work well with any of the chairs.

The bad. Either the person in the room next to me was toilet-training an alcoholic horse, or there is completely insufficient noise control between apartments. I believe the latter, because our neighbour's snoring woke both me and my wife during the night. Thank god for earplugs. Another major issue is the lack of suitable internet, although this is not the fault of Kingston Terrrace ... there appears to be a mobile broadband shadow in this part of Canberra, and it was terribly difficult to get a signal at any time of day.

I've previously stayed at the Clifton Suites in Northbourne Avenue, and I think a comparison may be useful to other readers. I'd rate the apartments at the same standard, although the decor at Clifton is more modern. Pricing is roughly equivalent. The beds and bedding are similar. You don't hear Clifton's bathrooms in the next room, although bedroom-to-bedroom noise can be a little embarrassing at times. Kingston is a winner for its pool and playground. Parking is equivalent, although I think availability and spacing was better at Kingston. The strolling-distance presence of shops and restaurants at Kingston Terrace and Manuka is a clear winner for Kingston Terrace.

Given Canberra's typical pricing levels, I think that Kingston Terrace represented good value for money. If I was travelling with my family I'd probably stay here again, but the bathroom noise and internet problems would prevent me staying here as a matter of course when in Canberra on my own.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank RonDunn
Reviewed March 19, 2012

After reading all the positive reviews for this property, we stayed last weekend for two nights in a one bedroom apartment and were pretty disappointed.

I chose this one over another one due to the tripadvisor rating (the other one is brand new and not yet rated). One of those mistakes where you trust tripadvisor over your own instincts.

Yes, the property is located well for the Kingston shops, but thats about all its got going for it.

The room was clean and large.

The furniture was quite old and dated and obviously cheap when new. The lounge was fairly uncomfortable with no extra cushions.

The bed was very uncomfortable and saggy, I checked out the mattress, it was an ancient sealy!

The doona didn't have a cover on, just sheets top and bottom.

Despite being a serviced apartment, when I asked on Sunday why our room hadn't been serviced, they said "the apartments are only serviced during the week".

There was a lot of noise between apartments too, I am sure our crying baby would have woken the guy upstairs who I could hear going to the toilet!!

So I would not recommend this property, I would recommend people look at some of the other newer apartment properties that are available in Kingston and Barton.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PuffDonkey
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We normally stay in one of the many hotels on Northbourne Ave when we visit Canberra.
Last visit we got smart and stayed in the Kingston Terrace Serviced Apartments.
I say smart because Kingston is a terrific little village with great shops, bars and restaurants and a short walk to Manuka which is a slightly upmarket version of Kingston.
Our car didn't leave the car space.
Smart also because the property was excellent - very clean, comfortable and well maintained and very good value for money.
Only minor complaint was the pillow quality but mattress was very good.
Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple