1) all the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
2) the rooms we stayed had 2 single beds, a wall fan, and a large walk-in cupboard for storage. it also had a sink and mirror which was quite convenient.
3) the tv room was very comfortable, and we also took dvds from the reception for our viewing pleasure. there were also 2 vending machines with snacks and drinks outside the tv room on the 2nd floor.
4) spacious kitchen and parking space for travelers.
5) the laundry room had a washer and dryer, however, the dryer was not hot enough, and we had to use three cycles which costs us aud9.00. i highlighted this issue with the receptionist during our check-out.
6) some guests also locked the shared bathrooms, and we had to wait outside until that 1 person came out from their bath. there were 2 units for bathing, 1 with a bath tub, 1 with a shower. the unit with the shower did not have a door, where else the bath tub did.
perhaps i would recommend to have both units to have doors, to prevent guests from locking the outer door, which means other guests would have to wait just to use the other unit.
overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would definitely be back for the comfortable beds and delicious breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location, Location, Location!! Victor Lodge is a family run bed & breakfast offering the best value accommodation in one of the best locations in Canberra. We have been catering to travelers from all parts for many years, with a friendly, family atmosphere. Many guests return or send family and friends to enjoy Canberra and a stay in a great location.Excellent Location. Just a few minutes walk from the exciting areas of Kingston and Manuka giving access to the best restaurants, pubs and shops in the Canberra region. Catering to all travelers, whether you are in town on business or holiday.Rooms:Victor Lodge has a range of accommodation to offer including singles, doubles, twin share, and family rooms. All include the FAMOUS breakfast!Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, undercover barbecue area, TV room with cable TV, laundry,free High-speed wifi Internet access, baths and a relaxing garden area. All rooms have fans and are heated in winter and all beds have duvets/doonas (whatever you like to call them) and great mattresses for that sleep you've probably being missing out on!!Convenient off street parking is available free of charge. Mountain bikes are available for hire. This is the best way to see Canberra, which has one of the best networks of bicycle paths.Use of facilities after check out, including luggage storage and use of all amenities, MAY be available upon request and is subject to a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and Hotwire so you can book your Victor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victor Hotel Canberra