“I would absolutely not recommend a stay here”

and 1 more site!
Kingston Court Apartments
Ranked #47 of 58 Hotels in Canberra
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was reasonably excited to get a 2 bedroom apartment for such a reasonable price. Unlike others i found reception very friendly when i called and explained i would be late.

The room however smelt like a smoker had been there before me and it was very musty. The apartments themselves are roomy but the noise from outside, above, below was unbearable. It was so loud I could hear blow by blow the ablutions of the people inthe room above me. The decor is very dated but for me thats not world ending.

The position is quite good and close to eateries but watch out at night for raised spots onbthe sidewalk which is not well lit at all.

The cockatoos are very noisy in the morning so if you are there on the weekend and fancy a sleep in you might need to wait out the cacophony of sound.

The killer for me though was definatelt the noise. I stayed for a week and was completely exhausted by the end of it. I wouldnt stay here again ever.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank aussie_travellers_90
Peter B, Manager at Kingston Court Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for completing a review of your recent stay.

Kingston Court Apartments was constructed with solid brick internal walls as well as double brick exterior walls - unlike many apartment blocks that have exterior timber and plasterboard walls.
We rarely receive complaints about rooms and can only apologise for the ruckus created by the people staying in the apartment above you.

Regarding the cockatoos, unfortunately there is nothing that we can do about their migration to Canberra. At this time of the year, actually many people have positive comments about their presence.

Management.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is the second bad experience i have had through 'Canberra Serviced Apartments". I stayed one night in this property and it was not pleasant. Althought the unit was roomy with a leafy outlook the first thing that hit me when i walked in was the musty and stuffy smell. The toilet had a very bad odour and overall the unit smelt like stale sweat. The bed was uncomfortable and the mattress seemed old. There were cracked tiles in the shower and toilet and the shower leaked all night. My unit was on the ground floor, there were no security screens and no screen at all on the dining room window. Although the windows had locks there was no key so you couldnt leave any windows open for fresh air. There was no TV in the bedroom and the furniture had a lot of stains on it. The attention to detail in cleaning was poor with dust on the top of skirtings and power points. The kitchen was well equipped but the blind needed cleaning and amongst the dishes in the cupboard was a cereal bowl that had grease in it which was very off putting.
The units seem old and tired and for $190 per night i don't think it was value for money.
There are no lifts or anyone to assist with bags so if you have trouble with stairs this is not for you.
The location is excellent being close to kingston shops and restaurants but I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ground floor does not have good security and there are no lifts.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank GlendaNSWAustralia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife stayed 4 nights in December 2012 (I stayed the first 2 nights as I had to get back for work). Accommodation standard is good and location is handy to city & attractions. Twice, during her stay, a large group of "residents" had a party. On Sunday night they drank & were loud around the pool till early evening, but they then dispersed. On the Tuesday night they arrived back late and continued "partying" in a room and were very loud, when my wife called the night staff at 1.00am she was advised to go upstairs and ask them to quieten down. No responsibility was taken by the night staff. In desperation, to get some sleep, my wife checked out at 3.00am.

Room Tip: Watch out for rooms with bedrooms facing the car park, with the bright lighting
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bennie919
Peter B, General Manager at Kingston Court Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Bennie919,

Thank you for your review.

I was disappoint to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay, I do remember our caretaker who were staying at another complex reported this incident to myself one night, however, by the time I arrived at Kingston Court, there is no partying at this premises. We did have a group of graduates staying for their graduation; a celebration must have taken into place during your stay. I apologise for any inconvenience caused. Most our regulars choose this property because the location is convenient and quiet. I hope we can accommodate you again in the future.

Sincerely

Manager

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Do not go to this place if you - A: want to check in after hours; B: want to phone to make a reservation; C: expect that they will return your calls when they promise to. Surly night staff, and unresponsive day-time reservation staff make this place a poor choice. Except for Connie, who tried to mop up after the poor performance of her colleagues, but one person can't fix the endemic problem that is Kingston Court Apartments.

Room Tip: Just don't go there!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jill H
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was very impressed with my stay at Kingston Court Apartments. The place is ideally located, within an easy walk of the Kingston shops - which have a great selection of eateries and cafes. It is also within an easy walk of Telopea Park - a lovely place to wander and forget you're in Canberra!

The suburb of Kingston is also quite near Manuka - another of Canberra's social hubs - and within a 10 minute drive of the lake, and the attractions in and around the parliamentary district.

As other reviewers have indicated, the apartments are spacious, well appointed and clean. The staff are helpful and polite, and willing to help out with late check-outs, directions and dining suggestions. The free parking is a real bonus.

I will certainly be staying here again - and I have no hesitation in recommending these apartments of Trip Advisor readers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TravellingPeteShow
Peter B, General Manager at Kingston Court Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your constructive and postive comments about your experience at Kingston Court. It was great to hear your enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Kingston Court again soon.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed in Kingston Court for 4 nights, very central location for food in Kingston and easy with two kids. Apartments are quiet and easy to access, clean and staff very efficient. Would recommend getting some of the basics from the local IGA supermarket but if you don't Silo bakery is just across the road for great breakfast and coffee.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mat K
Peter B, Manager at Kingston Court Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear Mat K, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our property, Our team are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Kingston Court Apartment, and we do hope that there will be many more to come.

Best regards,

Peter Bisa

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed at Kingston Court for 3 nights and the location was fantastic. Very central to everything with major supermarket, shops and cafes virtually next door. The apartment was two bedroom, spotlessly clean and very roomy and comfortable. The only issue we had was that returning late on two nights we had to park our car in the street as there were not enough parking spaces on site.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Peter B, Manager at Kingston Court Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your postive feedback, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, I was disppointed to know parking was a issure, we do have undercover secure parking with plenty space, please ask for a parking gate remote from our reception next time when you are here. We are looking forward to have you stay with us again.

Best regards,