“A great place out with the kids!”

Lake Burley Griffin
Book In Advance
$141.79*
Canberra Tour from Sydney
$40.05*
National Museum of Australia: Ultimate Museum Experience
$143.39*
and up
Canberra Day Trip from Sydney Including Parliament House and the Australian War...
Ranked #4 of 220 things to do in Canberra
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A great place out with the kids!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Always love going to the Lake and the kids especially enjoy it when the fountain is on! During spring photos taken are just amazing

Visited September 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Top Lake!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

There are so many beautiful parts to this lovely lake. Easy to get around and fab picnic spots! It only really lacks picnic tables with a shelter which was a real bummer the night my partner proposed as he ended up asking me in the car! (I had no idea)
We regularly still visit our special place on the lake. Great for bike riding too.

Visited February 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Segway - highly recommend it”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband bought me a Segway ride for my 65th birthday and we both went today. It was absolutely fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone. The owners were so friendly and most helpful. Many rides like this overseas include the training as part of the ride you pay for. Segway in Canberra give you a 30 minute training session THEN you get the ride that you paid for. My husband and I did a 30 minute ride (with training we were there for 60 minutes). Di was our leader and she was wonderful, so patient and helpful. If you take your camera, the leader will take photos of you which is great for good memories. In the 30 minutes we rode such a long way and as it was a beautiful day, we really enjoyed the sights. The minimum age to ride on a Segway is 12 years, and my husband and I intend going back and taking our 2 grandsons for a ride. Thanks to Segway in Canberra for being SO patient with our group of 6 today.

Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Winter Wonderland”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Always a pleasant experience to walk around the lake, but especially so in winter, when the birds are in Bird Central to be fed. One goose thought he was a swan!

Visited July 2013
Durham, North Carolina
162 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 244 helpful votes
“Have a nice stroll during a sunny day”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This lake can't be missed when visiting Canberra. This man made lake is huge and looks like a big river. Have a nice stroll around the lake side with a nice view over the parlement. Especially when the weather is good, it is a very nice place to be.

Visited June 2013