Stayed at the Mantra for three days and was pleasantly surprised. Before arriving, I had emailed the hotel and requested a quiet room & parking. I received an email telling me that neither could be guaranteed, but upon arrival,, the reception staff were aware of both requests, and had ensured that I had a very quiet room on 9th floor. They were really affable and helpful. The room itself was large and comfortable, although the fittings (torn bedside lamp and curtains) and bathroom are somewhat tired. The hotel restaurant was also a nice surprise, and the lass who served us and who made our cocktails had a terrific personality. The hotel's location is excellent - a short walk to Civic. A negative aspect was the night noise emanating from the streets below. Even on the 9th floor, this disrupted sleep until 2am, when it petered out. But over this, the hotel has no control.
Overall, I would heartily recommend this hotel -and again, kudos to the reception staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on Northbourne is centrally located on the north side of Canberra's CBD and a short stroll from the city's thriving shopping, dining precinct, business centre and famous attractions. Offering guests a choice of Hotel Rooms, One or Two Bedroom Apartments, all fully-equipped with air-conditioning, kitchenette, bathroom, laundry facilities, wireless internet, cable TV, in-house movies, sound system with CD player, mini bar, kitchen and laundry facilities (apartments), lounge and dining area, tea and coffee making facilities, large private balcony, ironing facilities and voicemail message service. The hotel ensures your comfort, with a wide range of hotel services including 24-hour reception, in-room internet access, express checkout and internet kiosk. Guests will also enjoy the leisure facilities, including a heated indoor swimming pool, sauna and fully-equipped gymnasium. Stock Kitchen & Bar is a fully licensed restaurant and bar, located onsite. Offering an a la carte menu, Stock Kitchen & Bar is the perfect venue to enjoy a quiet meal or catch up with colleagues or friends over a casual drink The hotel boasts conference facilities for up to 150 delegates with four conference rooms available for hire. Mantra on Northbourne also offers a dedicated Conference Executive who will assist you to plan and manage your next successful event, conference or meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra on Northbourne Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On Northbourne Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Mantra On Northbourne Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Mantra On Northbourne