My fiancé and I had to make a trip to Canberra for a unwell relative. We only had to stay one night and were looking at somewhere which had decent accommodation and price.
On TV we seen a deal for the manta for $139.00 which included 1 night stay and free bottle of wine and chocolates in arrival. So we booked. On our way down to Canberra we were running early sink called ahead to the hotel and asked if it was possible for a earlier check-in no problems there. However $200.00 bond is pretty steep for a $139.00 per/night room. We arrived and checked in. We parked the car $12.00 per night which I believe should be included in the price of the room, just a money making scheme. We went to our room to find that we had been upgraded to a suite free of charge which was great. The room appear a little outdated with the carpet and furniture and the lunge room looks very bare. We had a small 22" TV in the middle of the room. And with the lounge positioning it was very difficult to watch tv. They might need to re-arrange the furniture. The room also included a kitchen and all it's utilities. The bed room was spacious with a walk in bathroom. The bathroom was nice and clean.
We had to call reception to ask how we get out free bottle of wine and chocolates which I believe is pretty pathetic if your advertising it to be given on arrival.
We found that the bed was firm which gave a good night sleep. All in all a alright night for a stop over. Can't compare this to the mantra in cavil in surfer paradise. They were amazing.
-Bottle of wine and chocolates (even tho we had to ask for them)
-Friendly staff at reception
-Bad room layout
-Out dated room
-Our bed didn't have a quilt cover just the quilt which I find horrible
-You have to pay for wifi
-$12.00 per day for parking
-$200.00 bond for room
-Loud air conditioning
Might try the Hyatt next time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on Northbourne is centrally located on the north side of Canberra's CBD and a short stroll from the city's thriving shopping, dining precinct, business centre and famous attractions. Offering guests a choice of Hotel Rooms, One or Two Bedroom Apartments, all fully-equipped with air-conditioning, kitchenette, bathroom, laundry facilities, wireless internet, cable TV, in-house movies, sound system with CD player, mini bar, kitchen and laundry facilities (apartments), lounge and dining area, tea and coffee making facilities, large private balcony, ironing facilities and voicemail message service. The hotel ensures your comfort, with a wide range of hotel services including 24-hour reception, in-room internet access, express checkout and internet kiosk. Guests will also enjoy the leisure facilities, including a heated indoor swimming pool, sauna and fully-equipped gymnasium. Stock Kitchen & Bar is a fully licensed restaurant and bar, located onsite. Offering an a la carte menu, Stock Kitchen & Bar is the perfect venue to enjoy a quiet meal or catch up with colleagues or friends over a casual drink The hotel boasts conference facilities for up to 150 delegates with four conference rooms available for hire. Mantra on Northbourne also offers a dedicated Conference Executive who will assist you to plan and manage your next successful event, conference or meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra on Northbourne Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On Northbourne Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Mantra On Northbourne Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Mantra On Northbourne