“Good Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 58 Hotels in Canberra
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel has a great location, right in the middle of Canberra and overall is good value. The staff were very helpful and pleasant, the rooms were clean, fairly modern and spacious. The gym, pool and sauna were handy although a little small. The parking was fairly priced at $12 a day, although it was full on our last night and we had to park on the street. I would definately return

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sally P, Manager at Mantra on Northbourne Canberra, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We thank you for your comments, particularly about our team and I can assure you that I have shard your review with them.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Mantra on Northbourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed 3 nights with my daughter in a one bedroom apartment. Good size, everything clean, comfortable and well presented, if not ultra modern and exciting. Great location, easy 5 min stroll to shops and restaurants.Parked car after day out ( $12/night) and walked everywhere in the evening.Stayed on 9 th floor, so noise from Northbourne Ave not intrusive. Pool and gym area bit tired.Would stay again.

Room Tip: Likely less noise on higher floors
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for your review and positive comments, they are certainly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Mantra on Northbourne is a pretty good value hotel, located right in the middle of Canberra makes it easy to get around. The staff were very helpful and none of them were rude. However the pool and gym area seemed cramped and out of the way.
As long as you have no plans to use the gym and pool I would recommend staying here, and I would personally stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sally P, Manager at Mantra on Northbourne Canberra, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We thank you for your review and appreciate your comments, particularly about our team. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

What a night room 705 now I know what the Flintstones endured all their life, the bed is rock hard. Advised reception early upon arrival they offered to fix it but nothing happened , later offered a room change the bed was the same "rock hard" Flintstones style. Some road noise on Friday night otherwise the room is fine. Glad we only booked for 1 night.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve H
We thank you for your review and we apologise that the stay was not as comfortable as expected. I can assure you that we will be looking into the comfortability of the beds to rectify this issue.

Gosford, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

This hotel is very central to everything and its location is easy to find without having to enter into the Canberra City traffic. The hotel positives: Bed very comfortable , staff excellent, breakfast very nice but not very hot,( maybe earlier it was hotter.) Parking facilities good and only $12 overnight. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment , well equiped but a little dated. Overall our stay was a pleasure, we got a great package deal and I would definitely stay here again when travelling to Canberra or as a stop over on my way to Melbourne.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for your review, we are glad you had a great time in Canberra and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our stay at Mantra on Northbourne (with two adults and toddler in a one bedroom apartment) was average and I probably wouldn't choose the Mantra on Northbourne again unfortunately.

The good points:

* I requested an early check in a few days before and they accommodated us which was really handy with our toddler, so I thank them for that
* The apartment was clean
* Room service food was quick and tasty
* $12 parking fee was reasonable and the parking was very handy

The bad points:

* The apartment was very outdated and very dark
* The bed was uncomfortable and very small
* I found it personally quite a noisy hotel (road noise and general noise in the hotel - it didn't help that we were right near the lift)
* Reception staff tried to charge us for some food and beverages that we had not ordered and I had to go into a lot of detail to explain that we hadn't ordered it
* When I was asked how my stay was and I replied "Average" I got no response from the person who was assisting me when I was checking out - her care factor was zero!

Overall, a fairly disappointing stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors may be a bit better with views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sally P, Manager at Mantra on Northbourne Canberra, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate comments, both positive and constructive. Our sincere apologies for the oversight of the incorrect charges on your account, this is certainly not our usual standard. If you are able to contact us so that we may be able to investigate this further to ensure it does not occur again, that would be appreciated. Apologies also for the response on your departure, I can assure you that our procedures have been reiterated in this area.

Griffith, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here to go to a football game. Upon arrival staff very courteous & helpful - I did not get the room I expected so they upgraded me to a 1 bedroom apartment with a balcony. Sadly it overlooked the car park entrance & a huge dark building,. Never mind was spacious & clean. Once the traffic died down around 10pm it was really quiet & did not worry me because I never retire before that anyway, Breakfast was very nice as were the two meals I had delivered to my room. I would stay here again if I could get an apartment at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Try to stay in a 1 bedroom apartment
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for your review, your comments are certainly appreciated. We do look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra on Northbourne in the near future.