“Surprisingly quiet rooms”

Mantra on Northbourne Canberra
Ranked #17 of 57 Hotels in Canberra
“Surprisingly quiet rooms”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was so disappointes when I discovered that my room was near the lifts, but I really shouldnt have worried. My room 1 bedroom was very large, clean and quiet. Rooms looked a little dated and could do with a bit of a refresh but overall I had a very pleasant stay.

Stayed March 2013
andrewlockie, General Manager at Mantra on Northbourne Canberra, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Kyiha,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.
I am pleased to hear that the room you stayed in was quiet and cleanliness of the facilities were to your liking.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back to Mantra on Northbourne again soon.

Mantra on Northbourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Reviewed March 3, 2013

When booking a hotel, I encourage people to look into an apartment stay. The Mantra nailed it on the head in providing a home away from home feel.. The one bedroom apartment was more than enough room for two of us - it's just a shame that we had such an ugly view of the building next door.
Inroom dining was good, although I would suggest to your chef that he doesnt use so much salt in the burger. Not everyone is looking for a salty meal.
Reception was friendly enough, but I would suggest an express checkout for those who dont need to settle any charges as the front desk was busy on Sunday morning.
Overall a pleasant stay and would look at staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear casmurnieks,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us.
I am pleased to hear that the apartment that you stayed in was comfortable and had a 'home away from home feel'!
Thank you for your feedback regarding the quality of the food; I have passed your comments to our Kitchen Team for future reference. Furthermore you suggestions of an express check out option have been taken on board as I understand there can be a wait during a busy departure period.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

It's always nice to stay in an apartment , rather than a hotel room. The mantra apartment we stayed in was huge. Large kitchenette, laundry facilities, huge bedroom, with a comfy queen bed. It was clean, and the staff friendly and helpful. Only let down was the indoor heated pool was out of action , due to ? Maintenance . Shame there were added costs for the underground parking.

Room Tip: We had room 814 which was quiet and at the side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
andrewlockie, General Manager at Mantra on Northbourne Canberra, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear sydney_0013,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.
I am pleased to hear that the rooms and cleanliness of the facilities were to your liking, and that the Team was friendly and helpful.
Please accept my apologies for the closing of the pool facilities. We had to urgently replace the pool pump and the new one did not arrive in time for the weekend. We had alternate arrangements for pool access with another facility just up the road from us, however I am sorry for the inconvenience this caused.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just stayed at Mantra on Northbourne with my young family. We found the location perfect for our needs and only a short stroll from a great selection of restaurants and cafes. The kitchen is suitable to cook a meal and as we have young children it was very useful as were the laundry facilities.

Staff were very helpful and eager to please.

Would recommend this hotel to any family and we will stay again - thanks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
andrewlockie, General Manager at Mantra on Northbourne Canberra, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your wedding function here at Mantra on Northbourne.
I am glad to hear that the Team here provided such wonderful service and you enjoyed your time with us. It's also great to see that the apartments suited the needs of your family.
We look forward to welcoming you back when next travelling to Canberra.

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights on a Wotif deal and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is within walking distance of the main shopping centre, though we used the (highly recommended) free city loop bus to reach the Art Gallery, War Memorial etc. Our room was well equipped and had an excellent king-size bed, though we were disturbed from 3am onwards on the Saturday night by loud, drunken guests returning to the rooms around us - not the hotel's fault, of course! Reception staff were friendly and helpful. A good central location.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your conference held here at Mantra on Northbourne.
I am glad to hear that the Team here were friendly provided such wonderful service and you enjoyed your time with us. It is wonderful to see that you enjoyed the many great attractions Canberra has to offer.
We look forward to welcoming you back when next travelling this way!

Melbourne
Reviewed February 15, 2013

stayed here for 3 nights and was pleasant. The rooms are showing their age; carpet has visible stains, furniture and bed looks a bit old and when I compare this to the other Mantra hotels I've stayed, it looks rather outdated. Still, its nice and spacious at room 501, I got the Queen bed with a view. Its close to where all the 'action' is in Canberra, the omelette I had for breakfast was delicious. Only thing I can say is the reception could be a bit more welcoming and friendly; every time I came back to my room I was never greeted.

Room Tip: the room with a view is ok, but theres really not much to see......... its Canberra.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne.
I am disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the standard of the room that you were allocated, and that the facilities were not up to scratch. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our rooms are clean, so I will ensure that this is brought to the attention of our Housekeeping Team.
Furthermore, I am sorry that the Team here did not greet you in a friendly manner; this is not indicative of the service we aim to provide here, and I will bring this to the attention of the staff.
I'm happy to hear that the restaurant food was to your liking and that the location of the hotel suited your needs.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the future and thank you again for taking the time to make comments.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Walking distance from C B D & Transportation center Very friendly staff Check in was quick with helpful tips for site seeing Very clean & well maintained property 24 hrs MacDonald just at the back which is a plus for families with kids

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.
I am pleased to hear that the location of the hotel, rooms and cleanliness of the facilities were to your liking.