Stayed with Husband, 3.5yr old & 1.5yr old in a 1 bedroom apartment. room 913 was nice, clean, with kitchenette, which contained stove top, microwave & dish washer (no oven), & basic cooking utensils as well as a washer & dryer. Handy when your travelling with kids. There was also a good sized work desk in the bedroom.
The downside was the dirtiness of the balcony, covered in pigeon poo, you couldn't sit out on it in comfort. I requested at reception that it be cleaned, as we were going out for the day & the young man assured me that he would get housekeeping to attend to it. It didn't get cleaned. The room was also noisy. Although it was on the top floor, there was still some street noise for restaurants down below as the night went on, & a considerable amount of wind noise that whistled down the lane way between the hotel & the building next door. It acted like a wind tunnel & prevented you from keeping the window open all night. There was also not much of a view, just looking at the black building next door & a glimpse of Telstra tower if you looked to the right off the balcony.
The buffet breakfast was ok, all the usual things you would expect. The only standout feature was the scrambled eggs, watery & a bit flavourless, not very nice. Car parking was easy, secure parking under the building accessed by your room key. $12 a day, which is good compared to Sydney prices.
Would stay here again next time we visit, it's in a good location, in walking distance to convenience stores, restaurants, shops. Also only a 5min drive to all the central sites of Canberra CBD.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on Northbourne is centrally located on the north side of Canberra's CBD offers Hotel Rooms, One or Two Bedroom Apartments, all fully-equipped with air-conditioning, kitchenette, bathroom, laundry facilities, wireless internet, cable TV, in-house movies, sound system with CD player, mini bar, kitchen and laundry facilities (apartments), lounge and dining area, tea and coffee making facilities, large private balcony, ironing facilities and voicemail message service. The hotel services including 24-hour reception, in-room internet access, express checkout and internet kiosk. Guests facilities include a heated indoor swimming pool, sauna and fully-equipped gymnasium. Stock Kitchen & Bar is a fully licensed restaurant and bar, located onsite. Offering an a la carte menu, the perfect venue to enjoy a quiet meal or catch up with colleagues or friends over a casual drink The hotel boasts conference facilities for up to 150 delegates with four conference rooms available for hire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra on Northbourne Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On Northbourne Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Mantra On Northbourne Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Mantra On Northbourne