Tripadvisor
Canberra
1,946 results
All reviews political theme capitol bar and grill barber shop funky hotel london circuit mini bar new acton lake burley griffin black mountain car park room service small balcony nespresso machine free movies business trip standard room water pressure
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2020

I grew up in Canberra and this is my hotel of choice. I have stayed 6 times before under my husband's name. Great location. Great room. Great bed. The biggest pillows I have ever seen. Efficient team. Great bar. Great food. Great parking. We stayed at the beginning of January 2020 during a smokey weekend with the fires and the hotel was a sanctuary. Only suggesting is to go back to the Malin +Goetz bathroom products.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
QTCanberra1, Public Relations Manager at QT Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Hey exCanberra,

Thanks for sharing this awesome feedback!

There's nothing that makes us happier than hearing from impressed returning guests. And it's even better to hear from a Canberra local!

It's an absolute delight to have you staying with us and we look forward to your future stays. Take care.

Best,
Sasha - QT Canberra Crew

Reviewed January 9, 2020

Food is crap. The menu prices are really high and food they bring on to your table is nowhere near average.
The bar area is nice to seat and have a conversation with a friend.
If you book a room with QT, do not waste your money and pay for parking as you never find a spot to park and its such small car park.

Its in a funny part of Canberra City. hard to walk to the Centre and not worth paying taxi.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Samfood11
QTCanberra1, Guest Relations Manager at QT Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Hi Samfood11,

Thank you for leaving us your thoughts.

I'm shocked to hear you didn't enjoy the restaurant as we typically receive positive feedback regarding this. It's very disappointing to hear you found your experience 'nowhere near average' and your feedback is appreciated.

Whilst the parking rate charged is comparable to other parking options available in the city I also understand that from time to time there can be limited spaces. Next time pop into reception as our team often have some alternative solutions for you.

Samfood11, thank you again & I appreciate your feedback. I'd love to find out exactly where we went wrong regarding our restaurant - I'd greatly love to know a little more and I encourage you to email me direct on Cameron_thorpe@evt.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cameron - QT Canberra Crew

Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

I was very disappointed and unhappy with my stay at Qt Canberra the night of 4th January 2020. I specifically said on my request that I wanted a quiet and non smoking room- I’m allergic to cigarette smoke. We were put in room 907, and next door 905 were smoking out on balcony from the time we checked in until to 2am when finally after I made 3 complaints to reception, they stopped them. My room was full of cigarette smoke seeping through doors as the guests next door sat up talking and smoking and I got no sleep- it was disgraceful. I departed early as I wanted to get out of there ASAP, we didn’t get our paid for breakfast and I’m very dissatisfied with how the situation got handled by staff- on my 3rd request to quiet the guests and stop them illegally smoking, reception promised he would come up and give me a replacement room- away from the cigarette smoke filled room, he never came up! No room change! I was forced to try and rest with a wet cloth on my face to try and avoid inhaling the cigarette smoke. I now have asthma and nose bleeds, I went to doctor today and I’m on antibiotics and have infection in sinuses, this is unacceptable. Also, if they had done their job and had forced the non smoking policy by fining them, the smoke alarms wouldn’t have been triggered both the night of the 4th and again early morning 7:30am on the 5th.
We had dinner and although the restaurant is nice and food good it was very over prices for the size of meal, we were both hungry.

Very unhappy guest!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank kayleepruss
Shannon C, General Manager at QT Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Hi Kayleepruss,

Tough weekend to manage smoke, we did try our best and it was unfortunately the smoke dust in the carpark that set off the fire alarms, it was not caused by guests secret smoking on the balcony, as per our policy they do get charged.

There were 200 false alarms set off in the Canberra CBD in 24 hours by that particularly bad spell of weather over a very busy Summernats weekend.

You are already in contact with the team, let's continue to work on a resolution.

Reviewed January 6, 2020

The rooms are looking very tired with doors windows on balcony in need of cleaning and repainting. The bathroom is that small that it is almost impossible for one person to turn around in. Hotel needs an update in rooms, foyers and lifts. The prices charged are expensive for average conditions. Food and bars are good and overall all staff are friendly and helpful.

Hi rossc810.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us some valuable feedback. We're sorry to hear that you found some of our spaces lacking. We appreciate the opportunity to continuously improve and it's great to hear that our dining and staff were both highlights.

We hope to see you back for a more fabulous stay!

Kindest,
Sasha - QT Canberra Crew

Reviewed January 5, 2020

As per SupaJo75's recent experience, my partner and I were let down to find the room smelling a bit like cigarettes (definitely not from the bushfire smoke) which made the stay a bit unpleasant.

I found the pillows ridiculously high as well, with both options given quite similar in height. Air-con volume level was OK, but thermostat was incredibly finicky and old-school!

No welcome bottles of water in the room is also a bit of a let-down.

Otherwise, the hotel is quite nice but nothing outstanding at this level/price-point.

1  Thank Daniel G
QTCanberra1, Guest Relations Manager at QT Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Hi G4926RSdanielg,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Regarding your pillows; these are brand new and standard across all our properties, so thank you for letting us know! We do still have a stash of the older type (but still new) and I am sorry this wasn't brought to your attention during your stay.

With regards to your free water, each hotel runs this one slightly differently, we opt for complimentary drink card that can be used for all house beverages at the bar - May I confirm if you received this?

G4926RSdanielg, thank you again and I am glad you enjoyed your overall QT experience.

Cameron - QT Canberra Crew