Stayed at this refurbished hotel for two nights. The design is 'uber chic' and they have definitely achieve this as it is quite quirky. Be careful to specify your room type when booking. I booked a twin room expecting two QS beds. I got 2 single beds pushed together in a large room so that was disappointing. Fair amount of sound transference from the corridors. However, DO NOT take a room ending with X12 (ie 312, 412,.....1212) as these rooms abut the lift shaft and the operation of the lifts sounds like a train hitting a tunnel. The rooms on the opposite side of the lift shaft may also have this problem.
The general reception, dining and meeting rooms were all good.
There is no pool or gym.
Whilst the hotel has been around for many years (Rydges) the refurb as QT could have been better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- QT Canberra sits within the iconic Lakeside hotel that has been the scene of many a handshake deal and long lunch. In the great tradition of Australian politics we do business with a wink and a nod and know that after a gruelling day of question time (from the kids or the leader of the opposition) you need a place to put your feet up an a soft bed to fall into. Our 205 guest suites are kitted out with designer decor and all the business savvy mod cons we know you need to get the job done. Expect a seamless technology offering and a team geared to assist you with any left-field requests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your QT Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeside Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Lakeside Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Lakeside Hotel