Why a surprise? Because I stayed at this hotel in its previous guise as a Rydges. If I wrote a review at that time, it would have been "please demolish this property". At that time, it was old, worn out and simply falling apart.
As a result, I was shocked to find the property was simply unrecognisable from the past. It has a quite funky decor and is very well furnished. Add to that comfortable rooms, good rates and excellent service and you have a winning combination.
The lack of a fitness centre in the hotel is a negative though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- QT Canberra sits within the iconic Lakeside hotel that has been the scene of many a handshake deal and long lunch. In the great tradition of Australian politics we do business with a wink and a nod and know that after a gruelling day of question time (from the kids or the leader of the opposition) you need a place to put your feet up an a soft bed to fall into. Our 205 guest suites are kitted out with designer decor and all the business savvy mod cons we know you need to get the job done. Expect a seamless technology offering and a team geared to assist you with any left-field requests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your QT Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeside Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Lakeside Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Lakeside Hotel