PROBLEMS WITH VARIOUS BOOKINGS
1. Phoned twice to book (needed code of wedding discount); quoted price of $159 for single room rate originally, then quoted higher price of around $210 on 2nd call, questioned this. Got room rate plus breakfast of $178.
2. Travelled with nephew Graham Suptut and his partner Sandra Murray who had also booked (2 rooms for 2 couples). Their room at 2.00 pm was not ready - due to problem with so many late departures. Intention was to use room in hour before wedding to change. Had to have all 5 people in my room to be able to do this. It was only when prompted, that any recompense was given (free parking).
3. The couple when booking for wedding was told they were required to book two rooms; one for wedding and one for reception. However, due to renovations (and I believe asbestos being found in room), both wedding and reception were held in the one area. (I hope some compensation has been offered to the couple). The room was only "created" one day prior to the wedding, and with 130 people in this room, the air conditioning was totally inadequate. The drinks after the wedding were to be in the same room as the wedding, but with the change above we were ushered out of the room at allow setting up. This mean we were in an area which did not have adequate seating.
4. I was sitting at table 1, which meant we were virtually in the doorway. Although the wedding was adequately sign posted, some non-wedding people were coming through to see if this was a function for them.
5. When I received the room key card was told I needed it for lift (as well as the room). I had assumed this meant that only the floor I was on was the one I could access, but I could access all floors.
1. The wedding cake which was brought down by my nephew was taken promptly by staff.
2. The person in charge of the room kindly found some pandol and a glass of for my older sister, when requested.
3. The accidental spill of a drinks try was quickly attended to.
4. The room change was completed by the 6 pm deadline and beautifully arranged.
5. The food was well presented and delicious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- QT Canberra sits within the iconic Lakeside hotel that has been the scene of many a handshake deal and long lunch. In the great tradition of Australian politics we do business with a wink and a nod and know that after a gruelling day of question time (from the kids or the leader of the opposition) you need a place to put your feet up an a soft bed to fall into. Our 205 guest suites are kitted out with designer decor and all the business savvy mod cons we know you need to get the job done. Expect a seamless technology offering and a team geared to assist you with any left-field requests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your QT Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeside Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Lakeside Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Lakeside Hotel