Odd hotel this, a mix of new and old fittings, some sympathetic renovations and some unusual design approaches. The rooms are a good size but showing age in parts, chipped paint, a toilet roll holder coming away from the wall and a alarm clock that doesn't turn on are amongst the lowlights. The house staff do a good job though, the room is clean and tastefully furnished, the bed as always at a Rydges is a highlight. We selected our room type for it's overlook of the Canberra City Hill fireworks and were not disappointed, we had terrific viewing from our balcony. We typically stay here for Floriade, and will now add NYE to our Lakeside itinerary..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- QT Canberra sits within the iconic Lakeside hotel that has been the scene of many a handshake deal and long lunch. In the great tradition of Australian politics we do business with a wink and a nod and know that after a gruelling day of question time (from the kids or the leader of the opposition) you need a place to put your feet up an a soft bed to fall into. Our 205 guest suites are kitted out with designer decor and all the business savvy mod cons we know you need to get the job done. Expect a seamless technology offering and a team geared to assist you with any left-field requests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your QT Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeside Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Lakeside Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Lakeside Hotel