We've just spent 2 days in Canberra and returned to our favourite hotel. It is located in the ideal area. 200 metres to the city centre and its great selection of restaurants, 100 metres over the nearby walkway to the bicycle hire place and Lake Burley Griffin.
The hotel was evidently refurbished a year ago and we were delighted to find that we had a view of the lake, Parliament House and Black Mountain.
I would advise though that if twin beds are required be aware that these room are all located next to the elevators so if you don't mind the constant sound of lifts going up and down then you'll be fine. But in the later hours of the night and early hours of the morning this wasn't a huge worry.
The staff are very helpful, friendly and polite and the rooms well-appointed and very clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- QT Canberra sits within the iconic Lakeside hotel that has been the scene of many a handshake deal and long lunch. In the great tradition of Australian politics we do business with a wink and a nod and know that after a gruelling day of question time (from the kids or the leader of the opposition) you need a place to put your feet up an a soft bed to fall into. Our 205 guest suites are kitted out with designer decor and all the business savvy mod cons we know you need to get the job done. Expect a seamless technology offering and a team geared to assist you with any left-field requests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your QT Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeside Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Lakeside Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Lakeside Hotel