QT Canberra
  • Room Service
$122
Brassey Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$100
Avenue Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$153
$146
  • Restaurant
Pavilion on Northbourne(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$131
$109
$184
Priceline
Ovolo Nishi(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$231
$174
  • Restaurant
Forrest Hotel And Apartments(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$98
$83
East Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$181
$169
Hotwire.com
  • Bar/Lounge
1,454 results
All reviewsrydges lakesidepolitical themebarber shopcapitol bar and grilljunior suitefunky hotellondon circuitmini barnew actonlake burley griffinsmall balconyblack mountainroom servicenespresso machinebusiness tripfree moviesstandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Overall I was happy with the hotel, the restaurant I will review separately.

The room is a reasonable size, the bed comfortable, pillows very soft (overly soft for me). I was on the 5th floor this time, so there was a reasonable view from the balcony.

The heater in the room worked well, but I was surprised given the weather that the staff had not switched it on in preparation for our arrival.

The TV channels available in the room were only the standard free to air plus a sky news. a movie channel would have been appreciated.

Internet is very expensive in room, so if your phone can be used for internet do that instead of paying.

I would stay again, but shop around for a good deal.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Decent hotel in general but you could hear everything the neighbours were doing.
I was back in the afternoon changing clothes while my neighbours loudly
enjoyed themselves. Nice staff in the bar/restaurant. Ok food.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed during the week of ANZAC day and this hotel provided all that was needed for a short break. Check in and check out were both very quick and organised and this was the only contact we had with any staff. Not rude but not overly friendly either. There was additional costs added to the bill as an error which was quickly fixed. I was a little disappointed that I didn't receive any confirmation on booking (e.g. no confirmation email).
The room was nice, comfortable bed, nice little balcony area and very clean and modern. Bathroom was lovely, clean and modern with a good shower pressure. Rooms were quiet, heard very little from any other rooms.
Location was great for us, we could wander leisurely to the free bus that's running in 2013 which took us to all the attractions we wanted to see but was also walking distance back from the war memorial after ANZAC day ceremony.
Would definitely stay again because of the ease and convenience of location and comfort of the room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rien_Donkin, Manager at QT Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Canberra is a great place to visit for ANZAC Day. The War Memorial provides a perfect backdrop for Dawn Service: a solemn, dignified presence in front of which the crowd remembers the sadness and sacrifice of war. And the crowds seem to be growing each year. This year, Canberra’s centenary, the crowds filled the pre-dawn avenues of ANZAC Parade walking towards the Memorial’s facade where black and white images were projected onto the stone blocks that form the entrance.

Another great addition to Canberra for 2013 is the ‘Centenary Loop’ bus service – route 100. This bus is free and covers the city centre, cultural and tourist attractions and the Parliamentary triangle.

Mellou, thanks for the review and I hope to welcome you back some time.

Rien

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed at Rydges lakeside for 3 nights to attend a conference at the convention centre. Central location and the parking was good value at $12/d. Room was really nice and the king bed was very comfortable (2 singles together). Room service was efficient, and the pasta was delicious. Disappointed with the cardio room - 1 treadmill and 1 bike; however I went for walks near the lake and that was really nice. Luke warm shower one morning, but I didn't raise it with staff.
I had a flat tyre in the car park today and the lovely Ravi from stores kindly helped me along with Steve from maintenance - much appreciated and I let front reception know. There was a large function last night, and I was staying on the floor above - but once in my room I didn't hear a thing, and no road noise. Free wifi in the restaurant, but not in the rooms. I'd recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

With great access to the lake for running, walking and cycling, our Cardio Room is really only a ‘wet-weather option’ or space to do a light workout and core work. We are lucky to have both ANU Sport’s Fitness Centre and Canberra Olympic Pool within easy walking distance for those requiring a full service gym. Sorry you were disappointed, Tanollie but I am glad you took advantage of our ‘lake-side’ location.

I have shared your review with both Steve and Ravi, and I am glad that guys who are not normally on the frontline got a kick out of helping our guests – looks like our service culture is spreading through the hotel!

Thanks for the review,
Rien

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

refurbished rooms on all levels. much improved. nice decor in rooms and comfy bed. very little traffic noise. bathrooms are very modern. plenty of under cover parking. close close to town and good restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2013