“Easter Weekend Special & Toulouse-Latrec” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of QT Canberra

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
QT Canberra
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Canberra
Sydney, Australia
“Easter Weekend Special & Toulouse-Latrec”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had originally booked the Toulouse-Latrec special package with tickets included but found a cheaper rate on their website for their Easter promotion so switched and saved over $200 on the whole weekend, plus received 2 free cinema tickets
Check in was seamless, was in room 803 across from the service elevator and laundry room but didn't hear a thing as the cleaning staff were only performing pre-booked room turndowns.
Room was really nice, bathroom was spacious especially the shower. Cupboard space was more than enough (although you never get enough hangers). The tv was better that the last one I had in Melbourne.
I didn't have breakfast at the hotel but there are two cafes around the back that are very nice to eat at and have quite a good atmosphere. The location right next to the lake was great for my morning run and not far from any sightseeing in and around canberra.
My one complaint was that the minibar didn't work, wasn't keeping anything cold and I usually purchase a few drinks from the supermarket to put in there but instead I had to keep it in the reception fridge which made me feel slightly awkward everytime I asked for one of my drinks. Overall I would definitely recommend staying here and I will be staying there again anytime I need to go to Canberra

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DonGoode, General Manager at QT Canberra, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
I am please to read you had an enjoyable Toulouse - Letrec experience and you felt your accomodation package you purchased represented valie for money.

It is also appreciate when our guests take the trouble to let us know where we have been found wanting from time to time. In respect to the fault y minibar fridge , please accept my apologies for the disspointment and inconvenience you were caused . Your reference to the room number will alow us to immediately follow up on your advice.

I would also like to take this opportunity to advise of the next major exhibition at the Australian National Gallery . The arrival of the renown Britiah painter -Turner featuring in the "Turner from the Tate" exhibition. Arriving in June (this year) for a three month season.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Don.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Had a fantastic weekend away with my partner. We found the staff to be professional and friendly. We also loved the selection at breakfast - great buffet. We will defintely be back if we ever find oursleves in Canberra again.

2 Thank JesseB890
Hi Jesse ,
Great to read of your posative experience when visiting Canberra and you enjoyed our facilities , in particular you breakfast experience.

We believe breakfast should be the most important meal period of the day .We`ve even created a name for our breakfast - "Rise ". Appart from all the creative freshly extracted juices , fruit smoothies , freshly baked pastries we`re always keen to recieve suggestions on any items that can enhance our "Rydges Breakfast Rise " concept .

We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We recently stayed at Rydges Lakeside Canberra for a Wedding. The Bride and Groom had family travelling from across the country and made it easy for us all by having their reception somewhere we could all stay. Fantastic Idea, until we were stuffed around continuously.

1. Bridal party were meant to be booked on the one floors. This wasnt the case!
As we checked in separetly we were unawre of this until meeting for food down stairs. We then spent over an hour waiting while the receptionist shuffled us all around and had to move our things from room to room.

2. They (or their event company) set up the recptions wrong even though they had a table set up plan. this then took our time to rearrange when we were due to be at a dinner seservation that wasn't Rydges.

3. We were incorrectly charged for parking.

4. At the recpetion Dietary needs were not taken seriously with severe allergies such as anaphylaxis, celiacs disease and lactose intolerance. My partner was served a non gluten free and lactose meal which caused him to be VERY ill for 4 days after the receptions. Let alone serving peanuts to an anaphlactic!!!!!!!!!

5. Bridal party were served Hors d'œuvre in the bridal suite before heading down to the reception... the bride is Celiac and every Hors d'œuvre contained GLUTEN!

The list could go on!!!!

As an interstae guest to this wedding for my sister, My partner and I had to fly home all the while he was suffereing the effects of being served the wrong food.

ALL I CAN DO IS SHAKE MY HEAD.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank LetitiaC_13
melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We went to Rydges to see the Toulous Lautrec exhibition with the hotel deal that included breakfast and a catalogue. Overall this experience was great value. We had an excellent room and the breakfast was first class. Service was a little cool but the overall experience was great

2 Thank sandyinmelbourne
victoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just back from 3 nights at hotel. Staff were friendly making the check in easy. Room had a good view, was comfortable and clean. Room service was prompt and served with a smile. Would recommend here for a reasonably priced city hotel.

Room Tip: away from lift
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DonGoode, General Manager at QT Canberra, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I noted you have posted a number of reviews from your travels and experiences . I can`t tell enough how much our industry apreciates this feedback from our customers , and I mean brick - bats as well. Forums like trip advisor , along with our own Rydges.com site are the most credible forms of measing our performance.We are vitally aware of the importance in ensurring we deliver concistant product quality , service standards and clean and safe facilities in line with our customers expectations.
I was pleased you enjoyed our recent refurbished facilities and your found our team members efficient and friendly.
I trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Rydges Lakeside - Canberra soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Very pleased with overall package, included breakfast, tickets and catalogue . Good location, lakeside for walking and restaurants. Has had a refurbishment since last we stayed. Slow to respond to requests, ie, rolloway for third person, and extra towel. Bar food was excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JenniferHK878
Hi Jennifer ,
I was pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and you felt your Toulouse Lautrec package was good value . However I did note your feedback regarding our responsivness(slow) in terms of timing to your requests for additional bedding.Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience you and your family were caused .I can assure you we will take this feedback to the team in a pro active environment with the objective of staying on top of our game . We all understand that concistancy in service delivery is what wins the day.

In case you haven`t heard yet, the next block buster exhibition at the National Gallery of Australia is "Turner from the Tait" commencing 01st June , 2013.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your feedback.

I look forward to welcominh you back soon..

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is like most of Canberra so quiet it feels you are the only person. Nice view of the lake and room satisfactory. Pillow is a little average. In terms of food, not much around, really need to walk into the town centre some 10-15 minute walk

Be careful, fee to use credit-card totaled 10% of the bill!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank aussiekiwi_boy
Rien_Donkin, Manager at QT Canberra, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Aussiekiwi_boy, thanks for your feedback I’m glad you found Canberra to be a nice peaceful place. I can assure you it was a different story here on Friday!

If we’ve overcharged you on the credit card surcharge (which should be 1.5%) please give me a call on 02 6267 1260 and I’ll fix it up.

Cheers,