Stayed here for two weeks recently for work and was pretty pleased with the clean and modern features of the hotel room. The hotel has recently been refurbished so the fresh linen and decor is appreciated. Rooms are small yet functional with balconies (although you can't do much with balconies in Canberra!).
The restaurant has fantastic italian food and seems to be a bit of a neighbourhood gem for local Canberrians. The host of the restaurant seemed a little and arrogant rude to both staff and guests, which I observed since I was dining by myself. I felt quite a bit of empathy for them to have to be managed by him. Especially when I thought back to my days of working in food and beverage for a large hotel group.
Halfway through my stay there was an issue with the airconditioning where it made a rattling noise making it difficult to sleep. I was moved to a room where the airconditioning did not work at all, so I was provided with a portable heater. I was OK with this but expected that the staff would try and resolve the heating issue rather than just aimlessly try and solve a problem.
The 'cardio' room is a complete joke. There is a treadmill and bike. If you're here for work and want a workout where you aren't attacked by magpies (like me) then you might be better elsewhere.
Across the road at the rear of the hotel is a fantastic cafe called Mocan & Green Grout - best coffee in Canberra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- QT Canberra sits within the iconic Lakeside hotel that has been the scene of many a handshake deal and long lunch. In the great tradition of Australian politics we do business with a wink and a nod and know that after a gruelling day of question time (from the kids or the leader of the opposition) you need a place to put your feet up an a soft bed to fall into. Our 205 guest suites are kitted out with designer decor and all the business savvy mod cons we know you need to get the job done. Expect a seamless technology offering and a team geared to assist you with any left-field requests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your QT Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeside Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Lakeside Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Lakeside Hotel