We stayed here for one night in April 2012 following the recent refurbishments. The hotel is spacious and fresh-looking and we had no issues with our stay. The room was a little odd: it was comprised of two main rooms - one of which accommodated the bed whilst the other seemed to have no purpose other than as a second room with a futon couch which we asked to be transformed into a sofa. We also had two bathrooms. I was told that the recent refurbishments meant that two rooms had been combined but it gave me an impression of a redundantly large space with little character.
Having said that, the hotel was clean, staff friendly and helpful, and the location easy to find and within 10-15 minutes walking distance of any attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- QT Canberra sits within the iconic Lakeside hotel that has been the scene of many a handshake deal and long lunch. In the great tradition of Australian politics we do business with a wink and a nod and know that after a gruelling day of question time (from the kids or the leader of the opposition) you need a place to put your feet up an a soft bed to fall into. Our 205 guest suites are kitted out with designer decor and all the business savvy mod cons we know you need to get the job done. Expect a seamless technology offering and a team geared to assist you with any left-field requests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your QT Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeside Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Lakeside Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Lakeside Hotel