“In a convenient location”

Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court
Ranked #29 of 60 Hotels in Canberra
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment, there is an air conditioned In the living area and the main bed room but not in the second room. The front desk was helpful. All light bulbs were not working in the second bed room and reported them. They immediately came to change. It would be nicer if those were checked earlier before the guest check in. It is at a walking distance to the Canberra centre and the petrol station. McDonald located just downstairs is easy accessible fast food for children.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Amanda I, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review, we really appreciate it.
It was great to read you loved our location and the friendly staff and we hope you will stay here again next time you are in Canberra.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,646)

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had never been to Canberra before..quite an oversite in my 40's!! So off to be part of the ANZAC Dawn service; we wanted a place in walking distance to the Memorial and chose the Adina, a good walk and easily doable for our group.
A very comforatable apartment, clean and well appointed, it was serviced every day of our 5 day stay which was a pleasing arrangement; fairly basic but clean towels and tea towels was good.
The second bedroom with two single beds was a bit crazy the beds don't really fit which would appear to be an original design fault; a real shame the appartments would much better if this room was a proper size, as a group of 3 singles we used all beds.
The position is fabulous close to two great restraunt areas and pubs and clubs lots of good food to be enjoyed in easy walkin distance.
People do say Canberra is very quiet and I was surprised how quiet it really is! But had a great time and enjoyed the great array of great things to see and do.

Room Tip: overlooking the pool was really nice
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Canberra, James Court. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and found our rooms to your liking.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Canberra in the future.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at James Court Adina from 23rd April until 30th April. I contacted the Jessica from Reservations months in advance to organise our stay as it was over Anzac Day and I didn't want to miss out on accommodation. Jessica was fantastic! She helped with all of our requests and there was even a portacot all set up in our room for baby on our arrival. I was able to organise payment of our room in advance of our stay and the reception staff had all of this information on hand when we arrived. Our room was large enough to cater for all of us. On arrival, the room was clean and nicely furnished. The kitchen was well equipped and we were able to prepare and eat our meals most nights (a huge convenience when you have small children who are tired at the end of a long day of adventures!). The hotel was within walking distance of a huge shopping centre and we read afterwards that you could even have your groceries delivered to the hotel.

There are a lot of comments about the sound proofing of the rooms. However we didn't have any problems. We were on the side of the hotel next to the construction site and couldn't hear the trucks or building noise (we were on the 8th floor). Being able to look down on the working trucks and building site was actually quite a novelty for my 2 boys who love trucks!! My eldest lay in bed in the morning and watched the trucks until we woke up. We met some guests in the room next door to us and I asked if they could hear the noise from our room (my boys are not quiet unless they are asleep!!). They said they could hear nothing at all from their room.

The pool looked so inviting - clean and well maintained areas around the pool (including 2 BBQs and tables). It's a shame it was a bit too cold for us to use.

The staff servicing the rooms were extremely efficient.

We would definitely stay at Adina if we came to Canberra again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Amanda I, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Guest

The team at Adina Apartment Hotel Canberra, James Court are so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with this positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We were lucky enough to get a good deal on booking.com so the 2 bedroom apartment we booked was about half price, which definitely did make the apartment seem like great value for money.
Really spacious, well layed out. Super clean. The location was a very quick walk away from the supermarket and loads of restaurants and cafes and bars.
We stayed here for the groovin the moo festival and it was located on the bus route back from the festival and many buses/taxi rank to get to the festival.
Only criticism was the beds were slightly hard, but the pillows were really hard, wish I had brought my own.
Would stay here again, especially if we were able to get another deal :) but even if not.

• Stayed: April 2013
Amanda I, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your recent review of Adina Apartment Hotel Canberra, James Court, we really appreciate the time you have taken to write it and your positive comments.
I will share your feedback with the team and hope we will see you again when you are next in Canberra.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Hotel is in a great location, and in fact I would stay there again.

However I agree with most of the other comments, not good sound proofing on the building. Rooms are a tad tired ie the curtains were hanging off most of the railings, however I got them fixed while I was there and that was no problem.

There is building work going on at the moment and as it is currently a big hole in the ground, if noise bothers you, this is something to consider.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Amanda I, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Guest

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel. We always appreciate guest feedback and I will share yours with our team. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Canberra.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Canberra in the near future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed here with my partner on the weekend, the first night was paid for with a voucher we received from a previous incident with another adina apartment, check in staff were friendly but did advise I did not pay for the room upfront when in actual fact I had paid (first night with a voucher and second night on wotif) lucky I had all these confirmations of payment on paper to show them or there may have been issues,

the quickly resolved this and apologised. when entering the room I found it was better than I expected, for the price it is a nice clean room, quite spacious and has a great spa, there are a few crack in the tiles here and there but I think due to the reasonable price this can be overlooked.

One issue I did have was that there was dirt dishes in the dishwasher from the previous guests (housekeeping really need to check these things as it doesn't look very nice to the next guests) also, the tv in our room did not work at all, the screen was broken, flashing dark picture. This needs to be fixed, the next guests may not be so easygoing and may complain (only reason we did not complain is because we couldn't be bothered moving to another room)

On check out we had more issues where they were saying we had not paid for the first night, we explained we had a voucher for that night and it was resolved (i hope, i have not check my bank statement yet to see if i was charged twice) this was quite annoying as we expected a better check in/ check out experience especially because the voucher was for a previous mess up by the adina.

When we got to our car there was a sticky note saying "private parking" stuck on my window and my mirrors were pushed inwards. I'm not sure if the private parking is for residents that live in the apartment but the sign surely needs to be more specific as I assumed private parking meant parking for private guests of the hotel, I really do suggest you change the signs to be more specific as going down to a sticky note on your car and your mirrors pushed inwards when parked in a secure space is not acceptable.

The beds were also quite lumpy and not the most comfortable, you wouldn't want to stay for a week in the bed, but for a weekend they were okay (I think the adina would get higher ratings if simple things like this were fixed)

I would stay here again provided management acknowledge my concerns and the checkin/checkout experience is better and the tv's are working in the room and housekeeping are up to scratch with room servicing.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Canberra, James Court. I was concerned to read of the problems you experienced with your room. These have all been noted and will be actioned accordingly. I would like to apologise for the poor service you received during your encounter with the front desk. I can assure you any feedback is of the highest value to us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel should you wish to discuss further.
We hope to welcome you back to Adina Canberra in the future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment on the 4th floor with another couple.
We found the location very good for us, it was within walking distance (5 mins) from the centenary loop free hop on hop off bus which we used every day we were here.
The apartment was large with a kitchen full size fridge, table, etc.
One bedroom had a double bed, tv, plenty of wardrobe space. The bed was very comfortable and despite what other people have said, we slept well and didn't even know there was construction going on next door.
The main bathroom had a spa and was clean and tidy.
The second bedroom had 2 single beds and no tv but our friends said the beds were comfortable and not at all hard.
The second bedroom had access to it's own bathroom with a shower.
The apartment was clean and neat, the only thing that really needs updating is the carpet, it is looking tired and is quite stained in places.
Overall we had a good stay for 4 nights and would stay here again if in Canberra with another couple.
Daz.