Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court
Ranked #28 of 57 Hotels in Canberra
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Hotel is in a great location, and in fact I would stay there again.

However I agree with most of the other comments, not good sound proofing on the building. Rooms are a tad tired ie the curtains were hanging off most of the railings, however I got them fixed while I was there and that was no problem.

There is building work going on at the moment and as it is currently a big hole in the ground, if noise bothers you, this is something to consider.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Amanda I, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Guest

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel. We always appreciate guest feedback and I will share yours with our team. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Canberra.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Canberra in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed here with my partner on the weekend, the first night was paid for with a voucher we received from a previous incident with another adina apartment, check in staff were friendly but did advise I did not pay for the room upfront when in actual fact I had paid (first night with a voucher and second night on wotif) lucky I had all these confirmations of payment on paper to show them or there may have been issues,

the quickly resolved this and apologised. when entering the room I found it was better than I expected, for the price it is a nice clean room, quite spacious and has a great spa, there are a few crack in the tiles here and there but I think due to the reasonable price this can be overlooked.

One issue I did have was that there was dirt dishes in the dishwasher from the previous guests (housekeeping really need to check these things as it doesn't look very nice to the next guests) also, the tv in our room did not work at all, the screen was broken, flashing dark picture. This needs to be fixed, the next guests may not be so easygoing and may complain (only reason we did not complain is because we couldn't be bothered moving to another room)

On check out we had more issues where they were saying we had not paid for the first night, we explained we had a voucher for that night and it was resolved (i hope, i have not check my bank statement yet to see if i was charged twice) this was quite annoying as we expected a better check in/ check out experience especially because the voucher was for a previous mess up by the adina.

When we got to our car there was a sticky note saying "private parking" stuck on my window and my mirrors were pushed inwards. I'm not sure if the private parking is for residents that live in the apartment but the sign surely needs to be more specific as I assumed private parking meant parking for private guests of the hotel, I really do suggest you change the signs to be more specific as going down to a sticky note on your car and your mirrors pushed inwards when parked in a secure space is not acceptable.

The beds were also quite lumpy and not the most comfortable, you wouldn't want to stay for a week in the bed, but for a weekend they were okay (I think the adina would get higher ratings if simple things like this were fixed)

I would stay here again provided management acknowledge my concerns and the checkin/checkout experience is better and the tv's are working in the room and housekeeping are up to scratch with room servicing.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Canberra, James Court. I was concerned to read of the problems you experienced with your room. These have all been noted and will be actioned accordingly. I would like to apologise for the poor service you received during your encounter with the front desk. I can assure you any feedback is of the highest value to us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel should you wish to discuss further.
We hope to welcome you back to Adina Canberra in the future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment on the 4th floor with another couple.
We found the location very good for us, it was within walking distance (5 mins) from the centenary loop free hop on hop off bus which we used every day we were here.
The apartment was large with a kitchen full size fridge, table, etc.
One bedroom had a double bed, tv, plenty of wardrobe space. The bed was very comfortable and despite what other people have said, we slept well and didn't even know there was construction going on next door.
The main bathroom had a spa and was clean and tidy.
The second bedroom had 2 single beds and no tv but our friends said the beds were comfortable and not at all hard.
The second bedroom had access to it's own bathroom with a shower.
The apartment was clean and neat, the only thing that really needs updating is the carpet, it is looking tired and is quite stained in places.
Overall we had a good stay for 4 nights and would stay here again if in Canberra with another couple.
Daz.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Daz

Thank you for your recent review of Adina Apartment Hotel Canberra, James Court, we really appreciate the time you have taken to write it and your positive comments.
I will share your feedback with the team and hope we will see you again when you are next in Canberra.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed in a second floor apartment with 2 adults and two children. Our views were of the main road and the construction site next door. The noise from both kept us up each night, the outside windows are paper thin to the point of barely making any difference if the doors were open or closed. Bed was hard as a rock, Shower spray was so wide it could shower 10 people standing side by side. Despite paying 15 dollars a day parking there were no hotel car parks on Saturday night, after 20 mins of driving around the carpark, I went to discuss with the front desk only to be told to use one of the offices reserve parks.

Mini bar prices were just silly, this isn't a 5 star hotel, 6.50 for a 1l of water?

I noticed in another review that the hotel mentions the work next door as a 'renovation", Id hardly call a renovation a 20 foot hole int he ground, it's a new building and it's load when you have no double glazing or any other noise dampeners

In summary a very uncomfortable stay, would not be going back.

Room Tip: Avoid anything below the 5th floor, I would imagine higher then that the noise might be less
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mikejh225
Amanda I, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Canberra, James Court .
I am sorry to read that your stay with us was not the positive experience that we hope our guests have.
I want to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Had a 2 bedroom apartment on the 4th floor which was a good size, with a kitchen, loungeroom, etc. Furnishings were good with a washing machine and dryer located in the main bathroom. Ensuite had a spa bath etc. I notice a few reviews knock the furnishings so not sure if this apartment has been updated, but we had no compliants. The only negative is the 2nd bedroom is fairly small so a tight squeeze for 2 people and luggage. The staff overall were very good apart from one incident at the front desk, I wasn't actually there but my room mate wanted to extend an extra night and stay in the same room, the girl on the front desk basically refused to even check if the room was available and told him he had to check out as that was the booking. As others mention there is a building site next door and works start at 7am every day so if you want to sleep in you better bring ear plugs.

Room Tip: Not sure what to say here, would have suggested a room pool side, but that is where the building wor...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Canberra, James Court. I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.
I am glad to read you found our rooms to your liking and would like to apologise for the poor service you received during your encounter with the front desk. I can assure you any feedback is of the highest value to us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights with our two kids. The apartment was really roomy with everything we needed and was clean. However was disappointed to look out window to view of a huge construction site next door. The noise ceased by dark but started up again at 7am and was loud.
The furniture in the apartment was terrible, the couch was hard as a rock and the bed was caving in making it very hard to sleep.
We had paid for undercover parking only to find no parks left on one of the nights.
Positives were it had a fully equipped kitchen, mind you the complimentary milk was off! And the kids enjoyed use of heated pool and spa.

• Stayed: April 2013
Amanda I, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Canberra, James Court. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and found our rooms to your liking.

Our neighbours are currently undergoing a refurbishment which will take place from April, 2013 until April, 2014, during this time we aim to continue to give our guests the highest level of service; however we recognise that there may experience some level of inconvenience.

We welcome any comments our guests may have on how we can improve our guest experience during the construction period. I can assure you any feedback is of the highest value to us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel should you wish to discuss further.

KInd Regards