Hyatt Hotel Canberra
QT Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$123
$109
  • Restaurant
Peppers Gallery Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$109
Burbury Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/26
$127
$116
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

Mercure Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$150
$85
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$90
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

Novotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$118
$98
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $111/night.

Hotel Kurrajong Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$98
  • Restaurant
Avenue Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/02
Free cancellation until 06/02
$129
$94
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

2,739 results
All reviewshigh teaambassador loungepromenade cafeclub roomseafood buffetart decobeautiful hotelfive star hotelparliament houseold world charmlake burley griffinking roomrooms are largenational librarystandard roomwar memorialluxury
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had to attend a meeting in Canberra and picked this hotel as it was the closest to my office. Instead of flying down from Sydney, I elected to drive to give me more flexibility in moving around once I got there. My wife was able to join me for this trip as she was able to work remotely, and so I booked a 2 night stay.

If you've not been to this hotel before, it was a bit hard to locate. The fact that some signage called it Hotel Canberra didn't help as we passed it a few times looking for Hyatt Canberra or some other description with the word "Hyatt" in it. Also don't expect a multi level building as most hotels are. This one is heritage protected with the original 4 level structure preserved.

Other than this, the rest of the experience was top notch. The check in and checkout experience was pleasant and very professional. We were given a king room near the back entrance overlooking some gardens and it was really nice and private. Although a basic room, it had everything you could ever need and the bathroom was more than acceptable. I'm a frequent international traveler and one of the benchmarks I use for whether a hotel room rates highly is whether the bed is comfortable and if everything in the room works. This one ticks all the boxes.

My wife was able to use the club house and gym, and managed to stroll around the grounds, and she reported that the facilities were excellent.

If I should visit Canberra for work again, this will be my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay in this hotel, it's preferable that you have your own transportation as it's not within walking distance to the shops, cafes and restaurants like most of the city hotels are.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed two nights this time. We stayed in the old, original building. The room was spacious and comfortable with a nice view of the garden. I love the classy aspects of this hotel - the piano player sets a lovely atmosphere. The staff are attentive and helpful. The breakfast is terrific. My only gripe is that, like all the big hotel chains, they charge for in-room wifi.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Hotel in Canberra recently as part of our trip away to see the Turner Exhibition at the National Gallery.
The service was excellent, the staff were amenable, helpful and courteous.
Our room was very comfortable with a nice outlook to the north across the gardens.
This hotel is located within easy walking distance of Parliament House ( both old and new)
the National Gallery, the National Portrait Gallery, the National Library and Questacom.
It is perfectly located if you want to walk everywhere and see most of Canberra's main tourist sites along the banks of Lake Burley Griffin.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt. We were in a Park King room at the back of the hotel. We were also able to park our car at the rear of the hotel, which was great. Loved the location of the hotel! We were easily able to walk out the back and access the walking tracks around Lake Burley Griffin. The Art Deco features of the hotel are beautiful and the lobby certainly transports you back to that period. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was excellent and in keeping with the Art Deco vibe. Staff were very attentive and friendly. We would certainly return if we were coming back to Canberra.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My first stay in this hotel when I was a small boy in 1960 and there have been many since then. It is a beautiful set of historic buildings that have been sympathetically added to. On my latest visit I had a comfortable King room that was spacious, well equipped and very clean. The huge bathroom is a particular treat. Standards of service are high. Food in the restaurant is also excellent. I only have two small criticisms. It would great to be able to open the windows and enjoy the fresh air. Beds have duvets without top sheets: guests should be given the option of sheets and blankets.

Room Tip: The rooms in the older parts of the hotel are especially impressive but also very expensive.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo