Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra
Hotel Realm(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$181
$159
  • Pool
Hotel Kurrajong Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Restaurant
Avenue Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$144
$138
  • Restaurant
Pavilion on Northbourne(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$93
$78
Hyatt Hotel Canberra(Canberra)
$183
Priceline
Brassey Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$131
Peppers Gallery Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$96
$93
  • Restaurant
Forrest Hotel And Apartments(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$103
$86
East Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$173
$141
  • Bar/Lounge
1,520 results
All reviewsglebe parkpark viewredsalt restaurantred saltdesk areatwo double bedsnational convention centrecar parkroom serviceoutdoor poolbuffet breakfastcentral locationbit datedan upgradelong weekendper daywar memorial
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Stayed overnight at this hotel twice. Hotel is nicely situated for Canberra's main shopping mall - The Canberra Centre and other shops and cafes. There is a good restaurant, RedSalt, where the breakfast is very good - could do with warming the plates though! Also excellent dinner with good service. The rooms are good sized and nicely furnished - however found the way they make the beds really odd - the duvet covers are only 3/4 of the size of the duvet and are half way down the bed. The pillows left a lot to be desired. Robes , T.V. ironing facilities all provided, however the Internet charges were quite high, roughlytenpounds sterling for 24 hours, these expensive charges seem to be the case for most hotels, they should all review this now. They also charged us to park the second time we stayed!!!
The first night we were woken in the early hours first with a 'phone call - not for us, and secondly by a shady looking man with a call girl in tow, this at 5.30 in the morning! Although this was reported to Reception they didn't seem overly bothered, they had our contact details but no attempt was made to let us know that they had checked their CCTV to see what was going on. We also paid more the second night we stayed when we booked the room direct with the hotel in Australia. The first night booked in the U.K. via Eurohotel was roughly $100A cheaper! There is also a Casino adjacent, but Canberra is very quiet so do not expect a buzzing atmosphere - if you see a dozen people walking around on an evening you will be lucky.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vansmith
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Check in was pleasant and easy, the rooms with the free internet and large desks make business travel easy and productive.
Rooms are spacious and quiet- you get a great nights sleep away from the family and screaming kids!
Breakfast is the best i've experienced in an Australian hotel. I have no problems recommending the crowne and really enjoy my canberra trips for work now!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I own a company called Wild Ride Australia I booked 44 friends into Crowne Plaza Canberra for ANZAC weekend I informed them at the time of booking we will all be arriving on Harley Davidsons from the time we arrived we were treated like guests instead of what we looked like & not steriotyped as we arrived on bikes.
The staff their were so helpfull we arived and were informed that they have a section of the under ground car park just for the bikes with signs stating Wild Ride parking only, the reception staff were verry helpfull in giving us information about the Dawn service & even put us in the direction of a free shuttle bus, these guys went beyond help one of our riders is a Vietnam Vet he unfortunately forgot part of his suit and thought he would not march when the staff found out they gave him a suit to borrow so he could march.
The breakfast supplied wsa second to none what ever you wanted it was their on offer.

• Stayed: April 2010
2  Thank syl74
Reviewed April 26, 2010

Its not that there was anything bad about this hotel its just there isnt anything great about this hotel given what you pay a night.
Good
Had a room overlooking a park, which was very nice. Rooms are quiet and dark, makes for a good night sleep, reasonable size. The bathrooms whilst cleaned are looking very tired and and had a dirty feel about them.
Location was good. As I was travelling on my own so it was nice to be close to shops, restaurants, supermarkets to grab bits and pieces.
My work was based near Capital Hill and I walked there every morning which was a wonderful start to my day, as Canberra is simply stunning in Autumn, 45 minute walk.
The average bits
Service was very ordinary. Ordered a paper for the week I was there, only received it once. While the Concierge boys appeared to be pleasant I was greeted on my return each evening in the taxi with 'got any bags?', I also didnt get much advice when asking for recommendations for eating and visiting, distances etc
The food was perhaps the most dissapointing, I ate in the restaurant only once and never returned for the rest of the week, the same can be said for the breakfast of which I ordered in my room. I went out for the remainder of my time or brought back take away.
Just a point if you do bring food back to your room there is absolutely no cutlery, bowls, plates etc for you to cater for yourself. I understand they arent an apartment, however a couple of plates and cutlery along with a toaster would have been great!
To be fair, I do travel alot both for pleasure and business, however as a single female traveller I have felt more welcome and comfortable at other hotels.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank KingKyle
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Canberra over Easter. We had a great holiday. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the room was clean and in good repair - the hotel was a nice place to be. The location is really handy, just a short walk to the shopping centre of Canberra and lots of nice restaurants, and also a comfortable walk to the lake and other points of interest such as Questacon.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family