Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
East Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$172
$141
  • Bar/Lounge
Avenue Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$139
$129
  • Restaurant
Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra Kingston(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$123
Hotels.com
Mercure Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$83
$80
Mercure
  • Room Service
Pacific Suites Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$173
$164
Hotels.com
Brassey Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
1,522 results
All reviewsglebe parkpark viewredsalt restaurantred saltdesk areatwo double bedsnational convention centrecar parkroom serviceoutdoor poolbuffet breakfastcentral locationbit datedan upgradelong weekendper daywar memorial
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Our stay was ok.
The rooms are a little tired. You could see that house cleaning has tried to scrub the bathroom, but its a little beyond that. The king size bed was comfortable and the linen was clean.
There is some road works going on out the front of the building. It was a hassle to find the hotel but we worked it out.
I would stay here again at $135 a night.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Dear Dooogong,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the inconvenience the room assigned to you may have caused. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I am a regular to Canberra and have found the Crowne Plaza to be a great hotel. In my most recent stay I was greeted at the taxi and my bag taken into reception, by the time I went to check in my bag was then taken to my room. The check in was quick, the Room was lovely as usual my requests for a high floor was actioned. Room service was great and quick.

Service was great and a big thanks to the guy who checked me in and the young lady who had taken my bag to my room.

Room Tip: If you are an IHG member you will received free wifi, it will only take 5 minutes to set up an account and its free.
1  Thank Adam U
Michael F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel after your stay with us last month. We appreciate your loyalty and are grateful that you choose to stay with us when visiting Canberra. We hope to welcome you back soon. Kind Regards, General Manager

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Great hotel, good breakfast, excellent efficient staff, clean spacious rooms in perfect location. We have stayed here on a number of occasions and found the standard consistent. No complaints and will definitely return time and time again!Value for money on every level! The rooms are bright, airy and well laid out.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the park for a stunning view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review after your stay with us last month. We appreciate your loyalty and are pleased to hear your recent stay was again an enjoyable one. We hope to welcome you back soon. Kind Regards, General Manager

Reviewed August 5, 2014

A good hotel for business travellers needing to be near the city centre.
Service was good all around and the food at Red Salt was equal with good restaurants.
The hotel in general just looks tired and nothing special with decor.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front facing City Centre and lights.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear John S,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We strive to ensure all of our guests needs are met and we are pleased to know that our location and services were to your liking and contributed to making your stay that much more comfortable. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered with the condition of our hotel. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed two nights on L5. Ask for room over looking the park. All have shower over bath. Enjoyed the tea/coffee provisions. Wifi free (charged to your room but refunded on checkout) if you join the Loyalty Program. I chose the wrong option in error when joining the wifi but staff understood and costs still removed from bill. Breakfast was great both days. Staff on duty were just wonderful. I watched them go out of their way to help so many customers. Gluten free options not obvious so just ask. I had my bread toasted and delivered personally to my table. If you have any special egg order, plan a little ahead during rush periods. Was assisted with my luggage, had everything explained clearly and all went well. Room had a suspicious white stain on the lounge which turned me off using it but the king bed was fun to sit and work on for a change. Message in room says new TV entertainment package arriving soon. Absolute perfect location for business at the Convention Centre - 5 min walk!

Room Tip: Avoid level 1. Ask for room with a park view. Sound proofing was quite good. Just the usual little noise of showers at the obvious times.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel during your recent stay with us last month. It is fantastic to hear that our staff were attentive to your needs and provided such great service. We hope you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards, General Manager