Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$79
Mercure Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$154
$80
  • Room Service
Hotel Realm(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$158
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$90
$74
Abode Hotel Woden(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$107
$134
$106
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
Peppers Gallery Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$95
$92
$82
$69
University House(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$109
$101
1,522 results
All reviewsglebe parkpark viewredsalt restaurantred saltdesk areatwo double bedsnational convention centrecar parkroom serviceoutdoor poolbuffet breakfastcentral locationbit datedan upgradelong weekendper daywar memorial
FilterAll languages
999 - 1,004 of 1,522 reviews
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed Crowne plaza for two days and experienced the best customer service from the concierge named Tony ( if I have not missed read the name badge. It was very small ). he greeted me and my partner with sincere and genuine manner and I actually felt really welcomed as soon as I entered the hotel. He knows so much about Canberra and willing to help the guest like we were his only guest. I think this is the real customer service that you can not even experience at the 5 star hotel for sure. I strongly recommend to stay here. :-)

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Matthew A, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear sky5120,

Thank you for your review. I am as thrilled as Tony was to read your comments and concur wholeheartedly. Tony is a tremendous asset to our team and a wealth of knowledge on the area. I am so pleased that you were able to enjoy your stay as a result of the teams efforts and we will use this wonderful acknowledgement as a great example of just how powerful genuine caring service can be.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights on a Saturday and Sunday. A very loud disco in the casino next door made it impossible to sleep. The hotel were very good about the whole thing. The manager called and emailed us and did her best to make it up to us. She was fantastic. We will go back again.

We appreciated their excellent service after we'd initially had to make a complaint about the casino (who apparently - aren't usually so loud).

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Breck85

Dear Breck 85,

Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed that our neighbours interrupted your peace while staying with us, but pleased that the team were able to demonstrate our genuine intent as well as allow you comfort that the circumstance is not regular.
The entire team and I look forward to the chance to welcome you back and redeem the impression this frustrating situation caused.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

A simple, good four star hotel experience. Biggest comment was they need more staff or need to manage the ones they have better. No one at the front to help with bags out of the car, no one to park the car for that matter.
Red Salt was very good for breakfast with made to order coffees included in the price. Nice touch. Evening buffet had very limited choices but was very well made.
Happy to stay here for business.

Room Tip: Ask for a Parkside room. May however be more expensive.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Boo4589,

Thank you for your review, I am thrilled that the product and some of the service aspects were well received.
Thanks also for the feedback on our manning in certain areas at certain times. This is indeed our challenge to meet and we aspire to the highest levels of guest care in all areas. I do hope you will see the results of our ongoing effort on future visits. Some of the refurbishment activity we have planned may even tempt you to consider us for a leisure stay!

Thank you for choosing us, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I stay here as often as possible when in Canberra and I'm never disappointed. The work rates are good and the room qualities are quite good. Plenty around the area if you want, and generally easy access to everything.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear TheTravelling Aussie,

Thank you for your loyalty and for your recommendation. I am thrilled that we have been able to create such a strong sense of comfort for you and we will continue to try and deliver this same level of service for your future stays.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have stayed here three times for extended stays. About 15 minutes from CBR. Nice hotel. Walking distance to the Canberra Centre and Glebe Park. Coming from the US means an early arrival but the desk has always let me check in early. Staff young and polite. Lobby very large and had free Wi-Fi. Choice of newspaper delivered to room daily. Rooms are modern and minimalist which is fine - glass, chrome and wood motif. Great business desk in room for work with lots of room. Flat screen TV. Get a room with a view of the park - very nice to wake up to. Breakfast buffet expensive (~$26). It is very nice with a good selection and omelets to order. The gym is good with some machines and free weights and some treadmills and cross trainers. There is a small salt water swimming pool I did not use. Underground parking is narrow and at time crowded but I have always found a spot. Many people from the US Embassy stay here while visiting. Would visit here again.

Room Tip: A high room overlooing the park is a greta choice!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business