“Surprised after reading the last review”
Review of Rice Tapas

Rice Tapas
Ranked #245 of 1,427 Restaurants in Canberra
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2012

After reading the latest review of Rice, I was a little skeptical of going there. I'd bought a voucher that gave us 2 Tapas, 2 Mains and 2 glasses of wine, so it had to be used. I'm grateful for the opportunity that it provided

We were the only ones there (it was a very quiet weeknight in the city), and while service on the food was a little slow, everything was hot and flavoursome. The wine was a good selection, the chicken skewers hot and tasty, and the laksa that both my friend and I ordered was delicious. Not chock-a-block of noodles or liquid, but full of vegetables and chicken. It was one of the nicest (and different) laksas I've had in Canberra for a while. Service was nice, albeit a teeny bit slow.

Will definitely be going back at some stage - perhaps when there are a few more people there, just for a bit more ambience.

1  Thank sukai_25

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Visiting Canberra for the weekend thought to give it a try.Walked up the stairs on a Friday evening we were the only 2 people there,Given menu's to order so ordered drinks....waited...waited waiter returned to take order 10 mins later, we ordered and I enquired about the drinks...waited....waited 40 mins still no drinks staff busy talking and playing with iphone...asked again about the drinks they finally arrived 5 mins later, hmm 45 minutes just for drinks in an empty restaurant with 2 wait staff. Food arrived, Tapas bland and tasted reheated frozen though my partners noodles were bland but acceptable. Would not recommend going there to anyone.Though the ambience was acceptable.

1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Had dinner here with family,2 adults and 2 children.The food was great,good flavors all round. We had a few tapas,chicken skewers,prawns,beef wrapped in zuchini,all of good quality. The mains of red curry duck and pad thai were excellent and would recommend these. Kids also loved the banana pancakes for sweets. Staff were very friendly and nothing a problem, would recommend it.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

My husband and I ate at Rice Tapas on the new year weekend. Good selection of food.
We enjoyed our meal. Very good service. Highly recommend.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

I had previously tried the takeaway lunch box which was fine, fresh enough, good range of vegetarian options. Went there with my partner on the weekend and had the vegetarian money bags which were standard but could have done with some kind of chilli sauce perhaps. For main I had vegetarian pad thai which was quite horrid, the sauce through it seemed to be ketchup, way way to sweet. On the side was about a tablespoon of sugar as if it needed it as well as some very bland chilli powder. The serving sizes were fairly large which would be OK should they make something edible.

2  Thank monoskew