“Amazing!!”

Ricardo's Cafe
Ranked #5 of 25 Dessert in Canberra
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canberra
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Came here for breakfast on a Saturday morning and was very impressed. We were a group of five adults with two kiddies. All drinks and meals came out quickly and were delicious. I had the birchler museli, which was sooooo good. Coffee's were also very good, I had a flat white and a hot chocolate, proabaly one of the best hot chocs I've had in a while. We didn't try any of the cakes, but they all looked amazing. Will definatly be back.

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Canberra
“Best cakes and brunch in Canberra”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Suburban cafe which is full to the brim on weekends because it does such a great brunch, fresh juices, all-day breakfast and good coffee. Best known for its cakes in the glass cabinets which makes everyone sigh and drool as there is so much to choose from and they look superb. Great for families as there is a play area just outside. As it's popular it's noisy so expect to compete for acoustic space.

• Visited December 2012
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“good coffee great playground”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I thought I would never find a good cafe next to a good playground in Canberra, then I found ricardos. Quick service and good coffee. You can sit outside at many tables and be cl8se enouhg to the kids to look after them. Difficult to keep the kids and other half away from the dessert case. Will be going back again and again.

• Visited December 2012
Canberra, Australia
“So glad I found this place :)”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Having just moved to Canberra from Sydney I have been discovering all of the well known cafes and restaurants. I saw an add saying "voted best breakfast cafe 2011" so I thought I would give Ricardo's a try. So glad I did.....well worth the short 5 minute drive from my inner city apartment. The service was excellent, the staff all smile, everyone is helpful and polite. Breakfast was great, my complicated order arrived as requested and I saw the hottest eye candy waiter I have seen in Canberra. I'll be back as a Saturday regular. Oh and the pastries are amazing and of French standard.

• Visited September 2012
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“Average food, awful service.”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

As a local I've been here many times with family and friends, but it has never been one of my favourites. After going there today, however, Ricardo's left a lot to be desired. I was given a dirty glass and cutlery (which has happened on quite a few occasions), and even thought I keep going back for the food, today I thought my meal was very average; bland chicken and rock hard chips. To top it off, the waitress had her hands in my salad as she carried my plate, and as she gave me my order she dropped the plate on the table and half of my food ended up all over the table. All she said was 'Don't worry, most of it's still on the plate' before walking away without offering to bring me a new meal, a discount, or even bothering to clean the table. Overall, I was very disappointed and won't be going back again.

Visited July 2012