“Poor service and average food”
Review of Blu Ginger

Blu Ginger
Reserve with
Blu Ginger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,362 Restaurants in Canberra
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Goulburn, Australia
“Poor service and average food”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We met here for dinner before going to see a show, when we arrived we had plenty of time.
By the time we left we had 10 minutes to make it.
Serving us took forever, the staff were very uncommunicative, they spent most of their time hanging around the kitchen chatting, we had the banquet menu, shortly after ordering we were informed that they had run out of one of our entree choices, entrees came and were alright, waiting waiting for our mains, finally we ask informing the waiter we have places to be, wait wait some more ask again wait wait some more all this time the wait staff stayed away looking at us from the kitchen area finally they brought out our mains, I also ordered a indian beer that the menu suggested to match the meal. The main really did disappoint me, the korma was the nicest dish we had, the others including the Dahl were just very ordinary, the indian beer was disgusting and certainly did nothing for the meal. The staff seemed surprised that we paid and left immediately...
I expected a bit more from the name of the place and the building it's quite nice, they should really up their game.

• Visited March 2012

London, United Kingdom
“A great family occasion”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The Blu Ginger is new to me but an experience I shall happily repeat. We found the menu clearly showed the levels of heat that could be expected in each meal and we chose accordingly. Although one of the Chef's Specials ( a chicken dish) seemed overpriced, the other meals were good value. More importantly, they were delicious and some were unique, or at least different from the dishes we have experienced in similar venues.

The service was good but perhaps a little more training would not go astray (the overflow from one of the generous dishes would have remained on the table for the second course if we had not done somehting about it).

Visited January 2013
“Yummy food”
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Blu ginger with my husband, brother and a toddler. The food was yummy especially the butter chicken and fish vindaloo. The place is quite busy, noisy but it is an advantage for those with fussy toddlers as hardly any one would notice in the midst of noise.

Overall the food was served hot and yummy. We will definitely go back again.

Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Service Delivery from Saie”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was a patron at your Restaurant Blue Ginger Canberra on New Year's Eve 2012. I had come from Sydney to visit my friend and I was encouraged to dine at this Restaurant as it was close to the city, despite the fact that I had not been happy with my last visit in Dec 2011.

We were seated by the Evening Host at the back of the restaurant on an extremely busy night. Our waiter I think his name was SAIE gave us excellent service and helped us choose the menu in a friendly and courteous manner. He recommended g.naain for the Entree but instead we got a bowl of rice!. However, we had a very nice surprise when Saie returned to our table with g.naain which was exactly what we wanted. Then he recommended the King Fisher Beer to my husband and made a humorous remark whereby he suggested" we looked like a king and a queen" which we both found amusing.

Our next dish was Mango Lassi followed by Multani Chicken which we found a little too spicy but very tasty.

All in all we had a most enjoyable dining experience and we would certainly recommend Blue Ginger to our friends from Sydney.

Jane Hill

• Visited December 2012
Parkes, Australia
“Yum!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service from staff, yummy yummy food from the kitchen! The samosas were best I have had. Looking forward to visiting again when next in Canberra.