“Warm ambience, good service, tasty food”
Review of La Cantina

La Cantina
Ranked #165 of 1,392 Restaurants in Canberra
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Constructed from historical Roman bricks, La Cantina- 'The Cellar' offers a revived classical Italian menu, in the discreet location of Narrabundah.
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We have been to La Cantina a few times, but not for a year or so when we went this week. It is a large restaurant which can be a bit noisy, but what's new! As its name suggests, this is an Italian restaurant, cooking fairly traditional food though with a modern edge. My spatchcock though was pretty traditional al diavola and tasty it was too. One of our party had the Angus fillet and said it was among the best he's had, and the the other two had the rabbit special which was fall away from the bone tender.

We felt our special pork entree - porchetta - was a little bland. The accompanying flavours were good - celery, apple and fennel - but the pork itself seemed to have no real taste.

The wine list is decent, and the coffee good. The service was knowledgable and attentive.

1  Thank Sue T
There are newer reviews for La Cantina

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Really happy we went here and I can see this being a regular to dine at. The food was delicious and service really good. What I loved was the atmosphere they have done a great job with the internals and I loved the artwork hanging on the wall.

1  Thank lentil01
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Visiting Canberra for a weekend and looked for a place for dinner nearby our hotel. La Cantina is tucked away in the 'burbs and is a great choice for interesting and tasty meal options. Some staples on the menu like pastas and pizzas but also so much more. My scallop entree dish was divine. What a hidden gem.

1  Thank sueO_RonR
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Entree (duck and mushroom ravioli) was delicious but the bottom layer was cold. Pork belly was great. Dessert arrived with a long hair in it. Returned it to the kitchen and was told that it was blond and must have come from a waitress. When remonstrated they said they would have the hair analysed and accused us of planting it. They know who I am, so they can call me and I will provide a sample of my short grey beard for the analysis.

1  Thank Lindsay P
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We had been recommended this Restraunt by a friend. This place delivered excellent food, ambience, wine and service. What more could we ask for. The interior is just devine. This Restraunt is much more than your suburban eatery. La Cantina is located in a suburban neighbourhood shopping precinct. This Restraunt is outstanding and not your average suburban eatery. Will defiantly visit next time I'm in Canberra.

1  Thank curlieRex