“Modern hotel with lovely staff”

Aria Hotel Canberra
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Canberra
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had an excellent two night stay at Aria Hotel. The value was unbeatable - very modern, great facilities for about half of the price of other canberra hotels. Conveniently located near Lonsdale St (good cafes and restaurants) and less than 5kms from the main part of the city. The staff were standouts, all friendly and extra helpful. The room service was delicious too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husand and I recently stayed at the Aria and were quite impressed. It's a no-nonsense, sleek and modern kind of place without any mucking about. Studio rooms are a bit on the small side but very comfortable and with everything you might need. Free parking on site and breakfast is offered from a cafe downstairs or the Pavillion next door. I'd give the Pavillion a miss - a lack-lustre buffet where the food is cold and the floor is dirty. I'll stay at Aria again but will choose a bigger room next time, just so we can spread out a bit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Aria for a week for work. My room had a kitchenette with everything I needed. The rooms are a good size and since the hotel is not too old it is nice and modern. There is a basic cafe in the foyer, which I did not use. I visited the restaurant in the hotel out the back for lunch and we all enjoyed our meals. The hotel is located a couple kilometers from the city centre. There is a supermarket and other shops about one kilometer away. There is free parking at the hotel but you pay for parking everywhere in Canberra and grocery bags are 15 cents each.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Everything is true - this is the best quality hotel in Canberra in my opinion.

I won't comment on cost, other than to say I stayed on a Monday night in July for just $120...other nights and times will be more expensive, no doubt, but this hotel is first class and worth every cent.

Well done to management for a first class high quality hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JudeDudes
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The two bedroom option here at Aria is excellent.... especially for the teen age group... I travelled here with 3 14year olds.. .keen to have a turn at the awesome skate parks in Canberra (Belconnen, Woden). The parent's room is well away... extremely comfortable ... yes 'soft' ...they are brand new pillow top beds from AH Beard and a cozy sleep.
The staff kindly provided twin beds in the 2nd bedroom which worked well, and the third bunked on the couch (paper rock scissors). Couch is a bit short for this option! But worked fine as they are 14 and made of rubber!
Dickson is very close with Woolworths for groceries, bottle shop, McDonald's and a number of nice local restaurants. eg 3 min drive.
Front desk are so helpful.... parking is undercover in underground car park with lots of room.
An excellent option in Canberra, I will be back (hopefully on my own for business!)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Love it! I work in Canberra four days a week, so need a "home away from home". I definitely found it in Aria. I book a studio so that I have basic cooking facities (enabling me to prepare my own breakfast and lunch). The rooms are large and airy, comfortably appointed and well away from the noise of Northbourne Avenue. I note a few reviewers complain that it is out in the 'burbs. I am not sure about that..when you consider how small Canberra is, and he fact that Aria is less than 5 kms to the CBD. Having said that, I do always hire a car when visiting Canberra, so don't find the location an issue at all.

The only downside I found with Aria is that the advertise as having a gym. This is not technically true. PAVILLION has a gym, and Aria guests walk through the carpark, over to Pavillion to access THEIR gym. Not such a big deal, except it is a nuisance having to go to reception to get a gym key cut every time you wish to visit the gym (ie daily)

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet... So it is just a matter of being guided by your needs (ie standard room, studi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Aria Hotel for 2 nights. To our surprise, we were upgraded from an Aria room to a 1 bedroom apartment. The apartment was very, very comfortable with all that we needed for a short stay. The kitchen was fully equipped; the furniture and appliances were up to date; the bathroom facilities were very clean and well set out. We found the staff very courteous and professional during our stay. We had hired bikes and were dithering around unsure of where to park them. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. At one point, they even offered to keep them in their baggage room. (!) The only jarring note was the softness of the bed. Some would enjoy this but as we prefer firmer mattresses, we found it a little difficult to sleep. However, this would not deter us from staying there again as all other aspects were excellent.

Room Tip: Room 301 had two very private balconies. It was also very quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple