“Good choice amongst a small selection”

Aria Hotel Canberra
Ranked #3 of 59 Hotels in Canberra
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were looking for a clean and comfortable mid-price-ranged place to stay and that is exactly what we got. The hotel is quite new and therefore clean, and whilst the interior design is quite nice, it does lack soul. We didn't use any of the hotel facilities, and what we saw didn't look too flash anyway. Breakfast was your stock-standard bland and overpriced hotel food, and we found it confusing to find as it was part of the neighbouring Pavillion hotel and there was no signage to guide us. However, we had a car so the location suited us well, and it was also close to Dickson where we found a delicious Dumpling Restaurant. Staff was also friendly and helpful, and I was thankful that the hotel didn't charge extra for parking.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,718)

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I spent an overnight recently in Canberra and due to a few of my usual accomodation places being booked out I chose to stay here. Would only recommend this if you stayed here for more than a few days and only if you had a car. it was definitely on the outer edge on suburbia and at very, very few amenities. Arrived late (9.30pm) to a cool but very clean room. After trying to settle in rang reception regarding the heating, as I couldn't get the reverse cycle air conditioning to warm anything near enough that would warm the apartment. Outside it was close to 0 degrees. Reception closes at 11pm. I was instructed to "press certain buttons on the air conditioning remote and it would warm up eventually".
I would advise if you want personalised service and expect a little from reception then stay at a "hotel" not a serviced apartment. This is definitely a serviced apartment and should not be listed as other. I won't be returning but could see the benefit if in summer for a week or so.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank lisa_keddie
Reviewed June 18, 2013

i stayed for from 4 to 9 Jun 5 nights first night i stayed at one bedroom apartment others i moved to double room because the hote was fully booked and the apartment was booked if you stay in Aria hotel
you feel you are staing at you home clean hotel in the apartments you will find evrything you need like kithen, washing machine what ever you need you will find it good location helpfull staff even the rooms are the same large room

Room Tip: stay at Aria hotel you will like it
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Very impressive from the first minute you walk in. The rooms are new and well appointed. Great location and close to a fantastic range of restaurants. Would recommend to anyone and from now on this will be the place we stay when in Canverra.

3  Thank Cathy W
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Very clean & smart looking hotel. The staff are very friendly. If you want to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner you just need to pop over to the Pavilion hotel, about 20 meters away. They also have a bar there. Was a bit disappointed when I was just about to drink my scotch and found my glass was quiet dirty. After the bar person searched several glasses he found a clean one. Whomever was cleaning scotch glasses need to visit spec savers! I was happy that the wine glasses were sparkling clean. We only had food at the bar as the restaurant was booked out and we didn't want to wait for a table. So my partner & I ate at the bar. Almost the same menu but seemed to have many more vegetarian options then the restaurant menu. Food was good. And I would suggest booking if you want to eat in the restaurant. They were offering a special for 2 course meal if you booked between 8:30pm-9:30pm.The Aria hotel (& our room) was warm. Thankfully as I had a bad cold so it was nice to come in after a day out in the June Canberra weather and find the hotel and room was all toasty and warm. Bed was comfortable. The room comes with a fork & knife as well as the usual tea & coffee facilities. All rooms have a balcony. And undercover parking for free. I would recommend staying there and will most likely go back.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We always get an apartment which was quite cheap this weekend and a great place to stay. It has all facilities we need (lounge room, kitchen and laundry facilities, bedroom and bathroom). As usual, the staff were cooperative and we stayed a second night as we were so relaxed. The only thing we forgot we do not like is the pillows which are too hard for us (but I should admit we did not ask staff if they could provide alternatives).

Room Tip: We choose a high level room facing east as we think these are quieter and have a better view.
1  Thank Wojon
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was our second visit to the Aria and while not as busy in Canberra the Aria had plenty of guests. We were greeted well and to our surprise upgraded to a suite. This room on the north side was nicely appointed and spacious and while we were only staying one night could have happily stayed a week as it had it own cooking facilities. The separate bedroom had a TV and Ipod/Iphone docking station which was a bonus and appreciated.
I hadn't taken advantage of the $10 discount for being a returning visitor when making the booking. But without a fuss they credited the $10 and gave us one more reason to stay there next time. All good Aria..

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple