“Alright”
Review of Miranda Lodge

Miranda Lodge
Ranked #9 of 16 Canberra B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Was there for a night to break my journey to Snowy from Sydney. Took the family room. Room and bathroom were adequate, albeit a little small. Plenty of parking spaces and in the vicinity to food. Nice breakfast and friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rivest

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent 2 nights here in September with 2 young children. The manager was very friendly and approachable - we had some great conversations with him. The rooms were clean and adequate. Breakfast was cooked to order, and was delicious. The atmosphere was lovely and pleasant. We were extremely happy with what we got for the price we paid, and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We spent 5 nights at this B&b in September. Right from the first enquiry the service re received was friendly and welcoming. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the facility was on a main bus route into Canberra. Included in the tariff was a cooked to order breakfast which was substantial enough to keep you going for most of the day. Dickson shops was close by with many restaurants and bars to dine in day and night. The manager Mark was friendly and a source of tourist information. We regarded the accomodation as very good value for money and would not hesitate to book this B&b again when next in Canberra.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We read a lot of positive reviews about this place - and the price was right, so we booked it in for one night as we were in Canberra to attend a wedding. You may ask "What can you expect for that price?" However, there is a big difference between the room being small, the carpet worn and the fittings dated (which was the case, but that was fine) and it being outright dirty.
I am 11 weeks pregnant and have been advised to be careful not only with what I eat, but also consider things like, for example, mould. Maybe most other people would not care - but being pregnant I was shocked and horrified at the state of the shower in the room. It was literally covered with mould. Feeling extra emotional I nearly cried. I didn't feel as though I could ready in an hour and go to our friends wedding.
We did speak with the reception, the gentleman we spoke to was reasonably helpful and we were allocated another room. This room was, admittedly, nicer. The shower was still not good enough for me to want to shower, but at least I was able to wash at the sink and get dressed for the wedding.
The other complaint I had was that the pillows were extremely hard, but that was not a huge issue for me.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
3  Thank ScubaBites
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was travelling with my daughter alone to Canberra for a few nights stay over. The property is very basic but rooms were clean and adequate. Lovely friendly atmosphere and breakfast was delicious. In these economic times things are tough so the property is looking a little tired but for the price I was very happy and felt very safe travelling as mother and daughter. I will recommend all my friends and definitely book again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Mark made us welcome from the start with a friendly hello and helpful tips on our stay in Canberra. The room was clean and the full breakfast was great. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
Reviewed August 23, 2012

For a short tourist visit to Canberra, it seemed wasteful lashing out on expensive 5 star hotels, so Miranda Lodge suited us well. Well located to getting to the tourist sites, clean, and a very adequate breakfast arrangement. Mark and the staff were helpful and courteous. We will use it again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple