“Excellent business lunch”

Konoba Restaurant at Hotel Realm
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Australian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Goulburn, Australia
“Excellent business lunch”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had the pleasure of dining at the Konoba Restaurant the other day for a business lunch. The service was friendly and the lunchtime menu is exceptionally good value for money. I had the grilled rump eye fillet and it was cooked to perfection. This was followed up with the apple tarte tatin which was also delicious. My fellow diners were also impressed with the quality of the food. We kicked on for a few hours enjoying this establishment and whilst we were the last to leave, there was no pressure placed upon us by the staff to move on.

Overall we were all very happy with the quality of the food and the friendly staff.

This was my second visit to the Konoba restaurant and will definitely not be my last.

• Visited June 2013

Canberra
“why?”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

this restaurant is relying on the newness factor, that is slowly wearing off, to reveal an empty overpriced, poorly concieved restaurant. the night we visited was a saturday, and there were about 5 tables at teh peak of the night. there were some dishes that were very well presented and did taste good, but the menu was really a summer menu, and when it is 10 degrees outside who wants to each gazpacho soup. the wine menu seemed out of place with $35 dollar mains, as most wines were about 30-40 dollars, and when you allow for mark-up, that is a cheap bottle of wine for a nice night out. there were about four local wines on the menu, another reviewer wrote many but may have thought local meant margaret river. I had the lamb for main, someone forgot that when you cook lamb belly it is a good idea to slow cook it then crisp it up for presentation - not hide it under an overcooked lamb chop.

if you want to go out and eat overpriced food and not worry about the price of wine then this is the place to go.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank S P
Sydney, Australia
“Breakfast of champions”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Sunday morning breakfast at Konoba cannot be beaten. Everything is on offer and it is fresh, local and delicious.
We all deserve a long slow start to a Sunday, and Konoba does the trick.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank bbsydney96
Melbourne, Australia
“Try the Rotolo!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had no idea it would be so delicious but I'll be choosing it frequently in the future! They do an eye fillet that is exquisite and their wine list has lots of high quality local wines as well as a wider choice of Australian wine. Support the locals!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Monica P
Newcastle
“So Good We Came Back for More.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were staying at Realm Hotel for a conference & decided to arrive a day early to celebrate our wedding anniversary in style. We were welcomed with complimentary glasses of champagne & Happy Anniversary wishes from the staff. The restaurant is dimly lit and cosy, making it a perfect place for a romantic dinner and is surprisingly quiet considering the noisy bar right next door. My husband started with Jamon, which he loved, & I was tempted by Scallops which just melted in my mouth. He followed with the Blue Eye Cod with Wagyu Croquette while I chose the Salmon. This was all enjoyed with a very nice Cote de Rhone which improved in the glass throughout the evening. Our evening was perfectly topped off with an excellent cheese platter and Pear Tartin.
A fitting evening for our wedding anniversary. In fact we enjoyed the evening so much we decided to return at the end of our week to try some of the other options on the menu. Our second evening was just as successful. We tried the Terrine & the Goats Cheese followed by Confit Duck & Wagyu Bourguignon. Once again we chose the French Rhone Valley red this time asking the waiter to decant it for us to allow it to breathe, which worked a treat. Tried to resist dessert but ended up having the Crème Brulée(best that I have ever had) and the cheese selection that we had enjoyed so much the first time!
The staff here are all so well trained and the service is 5 star standard. Thankyou for 2 lovely nights.

• Visited September 2012