“Wagyu beef to die for!”

Dining options: Reservations
Canberra, Australia
“Wagyu beef to die for!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Hubby and I celebrated our anniversary with dinner at the Konoba. Excellent service. Had our favorite wine as well. I ordered the wagyu steak - absolutely sublime. So good each mouthful needed to be enjoyed all on its own - melt in you mouth! Will definitely return.

• Visited June 2012

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Burbury Hotel”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Breakfast up on the terrace (top floor) was average. The view is magnificent but attitude of the wait staff is appalling.
Not many people in the restaurant but she dissappear all the times without bothering to top the hot buffet.No initiative.
I would rather have breakfast at their main restaurant, with cheerful greeting and staff addressed me by surnames.

Visited May 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing lunch deal - 2 courses plus wine $37”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I went here after having been to Realm for drinks next door in the bar area a few times. Konoba is a fine dining establishment, with nice decor, good menu and decent prices.

I went for lunch. They do a lunch special - 2 courses for $37 with wine, and I think from memory it was 3 courses for $47. We did the two course option.

The lunch special menu is a cut down version of the a la carte menu. Very nice bread served. Waiter asked which wine we would like - house red or white, which had me worried. The house white turned out to be an amazing Martinborough Sav Blanc from NZ. Beautiful! Great glassware too.

Entree of scallops with corn puree was beautiful, main of swordfish and salad nicoise was absolutely amazing. One of the best pieces of fish I have had in a long time.

Nice ambience, staff ok but nothing special. Great deal for lunch - I would highly recommend.

• Visited May 2012
“Not an award winner !”
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Food was fine , service very slow and not very attentive . Don't reccomend

Brisbane, Australia
“Nothing over the top”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Nice meal. Service was ok. Glad I tried it, not sure if I'd go back again.

Visited March 2012