“u get what u pay for!!!”
Review of Northbourne Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canberra
Northbourne Lodge
Ranked #10 of 16 Canberra B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed here last week and i have to say they really need to update the whole place.
I arrived late & they weren't there when I was due to arrive so the key was left in letter box for me.
It took a bit to work out the front door key, then looked at the other key that was meant for my room ( ancient! ) proceeded to my room. Entering the room the room was pretty grim! U had your basics tv, bed fridge, ensuite.
So for 90 bucks u could do worse i guess these days.
Till the next day I was woken up by a knock at the door at 7:40am, asking me why my credit card wasn't working. When I told them I would be paying cash that morning while making the booking a few days prior.
So after being woken way before i wanted to be up, I felt like a cuppa in the morning cause it was bloody freezing.
So i proceeded to put water in the kettle ( which looked like it had never met a cleaning product in it's poor little life ) that's odd no red light i click it doesn't work. Figure it may work using a different power socket, no LUCK!! Another fail!!
I go to have a shower & when im about to get out almost trip there is a little step part so water doesn't get everywhere. I get why its there but in this day & age it should be fixed as its a lawsuit waiting to happen!!!
As i was checking out the supposed hosts were nowhere to be seen!! I didnt bother with the breakfast they offered, cause lets face it at $20 a pop u can get a better meal, be in a better atmosphere & better service elsewhere ( around the corner at the dickson shops )

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank gems3003
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Stayed there for a night.. judging from their website i wasn't really expecting much from this b&b. The beds were soft and the shower goes from hot to cold. Their doors are using the old school keys, so do remember to leave ur key in the hole if not you will can find someone peeping from the hole! They use central heating for most of the rooms, so you might not be adjust the heating to your liking. However bad the rooms were, the hosts Dien and Paula made it up with such sincere service. Dien welcomed us at check in and told us everything we needed to know (sometimes too long winded). It was raining on the day we wanted to go to Floriade, Paula kept suggesting ideas on where we should head to, both such nice people. U need to pay for breakfast but if u have ur own they allow you to use the crockery, cutlery, microwave and eat at their cosy dining area. The location is a good 10 min drive from Floriade and Dickson Shopping Centre is within walking distance with a variety of asian food.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 3, thats the one where u have your own air condtioning. If you are a family, Room 2 is...