“Disgusting service”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Disgusting service, terrible food, over priced”
Girl was bad at order taking.
I eat all over the world and this would be the worst service I have seen..

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I read the other reviews and wasn't sure this was the place we ate at. It's in Manuka Village - but address says Griffith ?

Its a nice little spot inside a small shopping area. Well protected from the shops with mainly booths to eat at. Prices seemed OK - even if the sangria was overpriced IMO. A variety of Mexican beers and a good Margarita- NOT the slurpee variety ! Also BYO. A nice spot to take the girl friend if she doesn't expect the Tower.

We had ribs - and they did provide a finger bowl, bowl for bones and plenty of serviettes; and a good variety of the mexican food on offer. Contrary to some other reviews we found the food quite edible - with a nice "bite" in some. We have travelled the south in the USA and ate at many Mexican style restaurants - eg in Santa Fe. While this place wasn't up to some of them it was very good for Australia. But - it is more a cafe style than a top notch restaurant - ie no Head Waiter to pour your wine or to hover over you to ensure all is well.

The food was of a quality standard and served with a smile. Serves were more than adequate in size and prices were OK. While the place was small - the tables were well set up to provide all with there own personal space. Reminded me of a little place in America we used to visit - even down to a tip jar on the counter for those who don't like adding a tip (however small) to their credit card payments. Also - having eaten in many restaurants in Manuka and Kingston before we liked the fact we weren't virtually sitting on a roadway with car fumes to accompany our food, or the constant noise of passer-bys.

Staff were quite happy and friendly - but not overly so. Atmosphere was good - quiet but allowed table talk. Perhaps a spot to eat before the movies ? And - dinner might be better when shops are closed.

Would we go back - Yes !

2  Thank MichaelandAnne
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Me and my husband came here for lunch one day, we love Mexican food and because this was the only place in Canberra we thought we would try it out. Biggest waist of money and time. The staff were so rude, the girl that took our order didn't even listen to us, when they orders arrived they were both wrong, instead of accepting there mistake because they didn't listen to what we asked for the supervisor lady said we should have "read the menu better"....now I know why Canberra is known for there crappy food and even worse service. I have never had such appalling service in any other state. I was so happy when Guzman Gomez opened because at least I can have some half decent Mexican food without such rude and arrogant staff. I would have been happier going to MacDonald's.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

The food and service were great. Atmosphere would suffer during regular shopping hours. More a food court atmosphere.