“DON'T BOTHER” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Manila, Philippines
“DON'T BOTHER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have to say that I was very disappointed with the whole night here. First of all a group of more than 50 of us from NSW went there for a Team dinner to celebrate our success during the week. The Team manager had organised with the owner of the restaurant to remain open late and to serve us garlic bread, pizzas and ribs for a $20 cost per person. The food that was served up was very minimal and lacked flavour and quantity. This restaurant failed to deliver on it's agreement. The ribs that were served were very small and certainly lacked meat. One small serving of ribs to feed 10 people is laughable. The next thing to come out were the so-called pizzas. Cooked pastry with something brushed over the top. If there was cheese on the pizzas then it must have been a couple of slices of processed cheese because it was near invisible. There was some chilli paste on a couple of the pizzas and very little on the others. Certainly what they lacked were any sort of toppings. People were complaining to the staff however there attitude was that they stayed open for us so we are lucky we are even getting fed. Later on when the remainder of the group arrived they ordered pizza off the menu and they actually had a lot of toppings on them. It seems that once the restaurant got our money up front they served us cooked pastry only. There was also no sign of the promised garlic bread at all. People were still hungry and very unhappy with getting a small piece of rib and 2 slices of pastry masquerading as pizza. The drinks were also expensive with a stubby of beer costing $8. As more and more of our group turned up and found out what had happened they left straight away and went to the pizza restaurant next door for dinner. The owner of the restaurant was very rude and informed us that his restaurant was expensive and said what do you expect for $20 per person. It was also agreed that he would only charge $3.50 corkage per bottle of wine. The staff never opened or poured any of the wine and it was lucky that I had my trusty bottle opener with me. When we went to leave the restaurant the owner informed us that we owed $9 corkage per bottle. I asked him why he had changed the price and he said he had never agreed to to $3.50. It is amazing when people lie to your face. I really didn't feel like arguing with restaurant owner and paid the $27 as I was very angry with the pathetic meal and service we received or in this case didn't receive. My recommendation is that you steer well clear of this restaurant and if you do make the mistake of dining there as a group, any deals you make with owner get it in writing.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank Wineguy1744

Sydney, Australia
“Nice food, small portions, expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Lucky we booked as the restaurant was full. Staff were quick to seat us and were friendly. We were seated in a weird spot right at the back table in line with the kitchen which was very odd. We ordered an entree and a pizza then within about 10 minutes everything arrived. One of the waitresses training a newbie said "Oh, sorry we made the pizza too quickly, I'll have it re-made". The pizza was supposedly re-made which was highly doubtful. The bolognese arancini's were moreish but very small for the price. The "Pollo BBQ" pizza returned and it looked like the same one that was brought out previously. It was tasty but again expensive with little topping however I am assured by an Italian friend that Italian's don't load up pizzas like Aussies do. Dessert was very nice and topped off the meal nicely. Overall we did enjoy the food and the ambience of the restaurant it is worth a try.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Disastrous.. food & service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Our inital entrance was one of welcome & very hospitable ...then downhill a simple order of bread as entrée & 2 mains was taken incorrectly..apology given by waitress but continued with very poor service..mains appeared not to be made to order ..it tasted as if held in bainmarie or as if from earlier lunch service & not very nice to eat as we tried...one main arrived 5 mins after seated.before entree.Complaint made to owner/manager upon payment & was received with arrogance & apparent ignorance to what had occurred..yet there was only two other tables at this time being served !!..Simply don't eat here unless you won't your night ruined..we proceeded to another nearby Italian restaurant for desserts & coffee & they were brilliant ..their food & service 100% !! We don't normally complain either.....

3 Thank Helen K
Canberra, Australia
“Chewy pasta, lumps of fat”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We went here for lunch recently and I won't return. My companion had the bolognaise which was supposed to be on penne but arrived on spaghetti. My fettuccini was hard and the sauce had large lumps of fat which was supposed to be pancetta. It also contained capers which I don't like and which were not mentioned in the menu. Service also poor. I waved at one unoccupied waiter who told me that we were not his table and that the other, busy waiter was ours. We waited another 5 minutes to give our order. I complained about the food but nothing was offered. Will definitely not be back.

Canberra
“Great food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

While expensive, the food we had was good and plentiful, pumpkin ravioli, penne pollo and spaghetti meatballs, but the vegetables with vanilla bean butter was a strange combination.