“Banana Leaf in Canberra - Perfect”
Review of Banana Leaf

Banana Leaf
Ranked #23 of 1,389 Restaurants in Canberra
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Canberra
“Banana Leaf in Canberra - Perfect”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Lovely restaurant in the middle of Canberra - for a fussy eater (me!) it has a great variety of food from spicy to non-spicy. My favorite is the Barramundi with Sweet Potato Mash. They also make the best dessert - Bread and Butter Pudding. Hubby and I have a standing date there every 2 weeks for dinner. The staff are all extremely friendly and very helpful. I highly recommend this restaurant,

Sydney, Australia
“Sri Lankan curry”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

A nice surprise to find this great food in the Canberra bcd. The staff were attentive and the food delicious. I had the special - spicy prawn curry. It was spicy and quite rich, but delicious. Nice and clean too.

Canberra, Australia
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Nice restaurant, located in CBD Canberra, friendly staff, good service, staff looked after us and offer good suggestions about food, very relaxed atmosphere, food very well presented and tasty, nice wine, only strange is the a/c, it went from going a bit chilled to warm it made us think the thermostat may require some adjustment, other than that excellent restaurant highly recommended!

Blacktown, NSW
“Good Food, Excellent Staff”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I ate here three years ago and so we were curious as to how it had aged. The results are great. The staff are knowledgeable and professional, the lighting is dimmed but not dark.. The servings size are genorous without being huge and you are able to have two or three courses in comfort. I had the pork as my main and it was delicious, my husband had lamb and both were melt in the mouth. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Canberra it is located outside the Canberra Central shopping precinct area.

West Sussex
“Glad we found it”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Whilst on a short stop-over in Canberra we had gone for a walk during the evening and were looking forward to having a choice of restaurants for our meal. Sadly, by about 8pm, everything had shut and the streets were almost empty as we wandered around becoming increasingly desperate for some food. The only restaurant we found that was open was the Banana Leaf so I can't really say that we went there by choice but, luckily, we had stumbled on an open restaurant that was also a restaurant serving very nice food. We had a most enjoyable meal and would be happy to recommend it and its friendly staff. I must say the toilets out in the back alley area was a bit odd but they were clean and serviceable so this is merely a comment, not a complaint. We thank the staff for actually being open when we wanted to eat!

• Visited April 2013