Arriving in Canberra on a cold evening and walking into the hotel to be warmed by the lobby fireplace was a great start to this experience. The exterior is heritage; the interior is new, comfortable, very stylish and has a great vibe.
My room was large and the bed was really comfortable - from the mattress to the pillows and the linen. Loved the bathroom - especially the shower! The B&O TV is the best I’ve seen in a hotel room, and the attention to detail from the hotel slippers to the body wash in the shower was impressive. The selection of in-room magazines was another great touch.
The hotel bar was intimate and comfortable and a great place to start the evening or end the night. Books that adorned the bookshelves made for a good browse and the scrabble board for good competition. The staff was friendly and helpful - especially the manager Chris who helped with directions, sent us to see the Vanity Fair Portraits Exhibition and made delicious restaurant recommendations.
All in all there is not much I can say to fault this warm, stylish and cool boutique hotel. The experience was memorable and I will definitely be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peppers Gallery Hotel Canberra building is heritage registered, with original features that blend effortlessly with a modern Peppers setting. Every detail has been well thought out - with Bang & Olufsen technology, marble features in boutique rooms and apartments. All Peppers Gallery Hotel Canberra rooms have rain showers, luxury bedding, smart technology and original artwork. Choose from Hotel Room, Deluxe and Premier Rooms, and Suites. Unwind in your fully self-contained apartment with one, two or three bedrooms and a balcony. Located within the original Hotel Acton building, this historic and heritage listed site has been transformed into the NewActon Pavilion - Canberra's first true urban village, where Peppers Gallery Hotel Canberra has taken up residence as the city's first luxury boutique hotel. Featuring the renowned Bicicletta Restaurant and Library Bar, guests can enjoy true Italian cuisine. Relax at Soma Day Spa or stop by the iconic Lake Burley Griffin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Peppers Gallery Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamant Hotel Canberra - By 8 Canberra
- Hotel Diamant Boutique
- Diamant Boutique Canberra