“Great hotel, great service - great experience!”

Peppers Gallery Hotel
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Canberra
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Arriving in Canberra on a cold evening and walking into the hotel to be warmed by the lobby fireplace was a great start to this experience. The exterior is heritage; the interior is new, comfortable, very stylish and has a great vibe.
My room was large and the bed was really comfortable - from the mattress to the pillows and the linen. Loved the bathroom - especially the shower! The B&O TV is the best I’ve seen in a hotel room, and the attention to detail from the hotel slippers to the body wash in the shower was impressive. The selection of in-room magazines was another great touch.
The hotel bar was intimate and comfortable and a great place to start the evening or end the night. Books that adorned the bookshelves made for a good browse and the scrabble board for good competition. The staff was friendly and helpful - especially the manager Chris who helped with directions, sent us to see the Vanity Fair Portraits Exhibition and made delicious restaurant recommendations.
All in all there is not much I can say to fault this warm, stylish and cool boutique hotel. The experience was memorable and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Denir0

Reviewed June 30, 2009

We booked the 'mystery hotel' on WotIf and we got a lovely surprise with the Diamant Hotel. The check in staff were lovely (even though we arrived at 10pm or so after a drive from Sydney), and the room was clean and tidy with a very comfy bed. My personal favorite part of the room was the shower - it was huge and (unlike so many hotels) had perfect water pressure, a huge nozzle, and HOT water :-)

For the price that we paid, we were amazed. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank onlysometimes
Reviewed June 25, 2009

just a quick note to say a big THANKS to the team at the Diamant in Canberra. My wife an I arrived on a VERY WET and rainy night after becoming totally lost in Canberra. Not only were the check in staff friendly, but one of them even came out in the rain to help my wife with her bags. She was only a young girl with a funny name (sorry, can't remember it ..) but her smile lit up the place. WELL DONE - it is the little things that people notice.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank hepkat63
GM_CBR, General Manager at Peppers Gallery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2009

Dear hepkat63,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your experience at the Diamant Hotel Canberra.

It's wonderful to read that we are exceeding the expectations of our guests.

I look very forward to welcoming you back to the property in the future.

Reviewed June 23, 2009

After spending a day doing business in Canberra, I was relieved to arrive at the hotel. Starting at the front door the hotel had a warm and inviting feel. It was great to see originaI works of Art through the foyer and indeed the entire hotel. I was given a room on the top floor and upon entering I was pleasently surprised with the quality of the internal fittings and the rooms size. Inside was everything I needed without being excessive/wasteful. I dined in one of the in-house restaurants which was lovely. Also had a great night sleep, and throughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ArtandAccounts

Dear ArtandAccounts,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us.

It is always a pleaseure to know we are meeting and exceeding the expectations of our guests.

I am glad you appreciated the design and style of the property and that the hard work put in by our design team has paid off.

The team at the Diamant Hotel Canberra looks forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed June 8, 2009

This was my first stay at the Diamant and I will go back again as it is difficult to find an interesting hotel that is not the run of the mill in Canberra. The hotel is located in a renovated old building which gives it an authentic charm. The decor is modern and slick. The hotel offers a range of dining venues and both are good. My only complaint was that I arrived at around 9pm and was told once I settled myself down in the fine dining restaurant that I could only order pizzas and side dishes due to the late hour!! This was annoying as I was looking forward to a nice meal so I decided to order and have it delivered to my room instead. The more casual eatery served a broad range of dishes for breakfast and the wine bar next door is lovely with a mix of quirky decor and mis-matched chairs giving it a cosy look. Rooms are large and the bathrooms are modern with a great rainshower and upmarket toiletries. My only complaint was that there was no where to put your soap - minor issue. Overall - a funky, interesting place to stay and one I shall revisit on my next trip to Canberra

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank sthaussiejetsetter

Dear sthaussiejetsetter,

I would like to thank you for your reveiw on our property. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the effort put in to provide Canberra visitors with an alternative option to the usual accommodation choices in the Nations Capital.

Myself and my staff look very forward to your return trip to the Diamant Hotel Canberra.

Reviewed May 25, 2009

The decor of this hotel, cleverly converted from an older motel, is just stunning. My partner and I loved the stylish rooms and all the quirky art throughout the hotel. The bar at the back of the hotel was fab, and brekkie in the cafe was delicious. Our room was on the small side but had a gorgeous bathroom and comfy bed and was beautifully decorated. We loved the wallpaper on the ceiling. That's not to say the hotel doesn't have it's drawbacks. We needed to pay for parking in the building next-door, and like the rest of Canberra, everything, including both bars in the hotel closed by 10pm! I would definitely like to stay here again, but I don't think I'll ever be going back to Canberra!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank declanjhayes
Reviewed April 26, 2009

The Diamant is situated in a 'new generation' area of Canberra, only 15 mins walk from the centre its well positioned and has a few neighbouring shops/cafes in the square. This Design Hotel wow's you the minute you enter the reception, whacky chairs and a receptionist with a warm smile make the first impression a good one. She instantly welcomed us warmly as she knew it was a special occasion (mentioned in my booking) . The other nice touch was a complimentary upgrade, not once but twice to a Premier Room. What a way to kick off our Easter weekend! The rooms are in a minimalistic style. Huge King size bed, nice coffee table books, mini bar and all the mod cons you would expect. The big bonus was that it was SO quiet, no slamming doors, or neighbour noise, absolute bliss. Whilst the designer TV was a bonus, it was too small for the size of room, so its a bit like watching a postage stamp from your bed! The rain shower and bathroom were beautiful. They offer a $15 buffet continental breakfast or you can go a la carte. Quite frankly the bagels were the closest thing i have had since my time in New York, absolute bliss! I would highly recommend going to the wine bar, Parlour we went both evenings, the service was outstanding, even providing my partner with complimentary tastings of different whiskeys till he found one he liked. The food was great, if a little pricey but great to start out before an evening. We dined in the hotels more casual restaurant. Four of us had main courses, side dishes and a bottle of wine and it came to an amazing $25 a head!! marvelous!! So for location, value, service and a relaxing weekend away i can highly recommend it. Just opt for the bigger rooms if you can!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business