“Great food and atomosphere”
Review of Lanterne Rooms

Lanterne Rooms
Ranked #1 of 1,419 Restaurants in Canberra
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

First time to this restaurant to celebrate a birthday. Has a lovely cosy feel to the place. The food was super yummy and we were both extremely full at the end of the night. Will definitely be back again.

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Great fusion of flavours and fantastic service. Look forward to returning. Not a huge menu but enjoyed what we ate immensely.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

A definite hidden delight in a tucked-away suburb, with no parking problems. The restaurant area has been cleverly divided by light curtains and wooden shutters, into select eating areas without being overlooked by everyone else.

We had the non-tasting menu, which has been designed to be shared (which we did). Excellent and well-cooked food that was light and flavoursome, without that occasional asian heaviness experienced elsewhere. All the wines were available by the glass, including german and spanish whites and some from the Canberra region.

The service was attentive and knowledgeable - couldn't ask for more.

1  Thank WayneCanberra
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is our third time and we love the consistency of the quality of the food and service. The staff are very welcoming and really attentive. The meals are delicious and best shared. It is always busy so make sure you book ahead. It is a real gem at the local Campbell shops with ease of free parking. Great for a special occasion or a nice dinner with friends. Look up online to see if you like the menu and prices.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is the second time I have been to this restaurant and, unfortunately, the second time I have been very disappointed. I know it gets rave reviews, but for me this has not been the case.
While we enjoyed some lovely wine, apart from the duck rolls, the food wasn't (it really wasn't) fantastic: the calamari was very oily and the fish 'muddy' tasting (which left me wondering about their suppliers) and the Indian ice-cream was tasteless.
We were also seated in a corner next to a large, noisy party of seven (or so) yet the restaurant was barely half-full. Yes, we could of asked to be moved, but we actually thought the restaurant was going to fill up. I mean, why else would they have sat us where they did? My husband mentioned it on paying and the staff were apologetic, but really?
We could have let all this go, but for the events that followed that evening. Suffice to say we paid for the lunch in more ways than one. Yes, we appreciate it can sometimes be the luck of the draw, but this is the second time I have eaten there and found the whole experience wanting. So, I want be in a hurry to go back there. And, I would be circumspect of 'rave' reviews.

2  Thank Gattaca616