“Gourmet asian”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

A definite hidden delight in a tucked-away suburb, with no parking problems. The restaurant area has been cleverly divided by light curtains and wooden shutters, into select eating areas without being overlooked by everyone else.

We had the non-tasting menu, which has been designed to be shared (which we did). Excellent and well-cooked food that was light and flavoursome, without that occasional asian heaviness experienced elsewhere. All the wines were available by the glass, including german and spanish whites and some from the Canberra region.

The service was attentive and knowledgeable - couldn't ask for more.

1  Thank WayneCanberra

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is our third time and we love the consistency of the quality of the food and service. The staff are very welcoming and really attentive. The meals are delicious and best shared. It is always busy so make sure you book ahead. It is a real gem at the local Campbell shops with ease of free parking. Great for a special occasion or a nice dinner with friends. Look up online to see if you like the menu and prices.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is the second time I have been to this restaurant and, unfortunately, the second time I have been very disappointed. I know it gets rave reviews, but for me this has not been the case.
While we enjoyed some lovely wine, apart from the duck rolls, the food wasn't (it really wasn't) fantastic: the calamari was very oily and the fish 'muddy' tasting (which left me wondering about their suppliers) and the Indian ice-cream was tasteless.
We were also seated in a corner next to a large, noisy party of seven (or so) yet the restaurant was barely half-full. Yes, we could of asked to be moved, but we actually thought the restaurant was going to fill up. I mean, why else would they have sat us where they did? My husband mentioned it on paying and the staff were apologetic, but really?
We could have let all this go, but for the events that followed that evening. Suffice to say we paid for the lunch in more ways than one. Yes, we appreciate it can sometimes be the luck of the draw, but this is the second time I have eaten there and found the whole experience wanting. So, I want be in a hurry to go back there. And, I would be circumspect of 'rave' reviews.

2  Thank Gattaca616
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Visiting Canberra again after 6 months we went back to this restaurant as the first time it was sublime. All four of us were looking forward to it and we were certainly not disappointed with returning. The service, the food, the atmosphere again were 1st class plus. There is a friendliness in the service that feels "family" and not just individuals working in a restaurant. Again we chose the banquet menu and by the end of 2 hours of dining we were smiling like Cheshire cats. I cannot speak highly enough of this restaurant and I rate it right up there with the best experiences we have had anywhere.

3  Thank Michael Y
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Tucked away in a suburban shopping square, this restaurant blows expectations sky high! The staff greet you warmly at the door and you are looked after as if you are the only ones in the restaurant. The food is presented beautifully, is full of flavour and options aplenty with high attention to detail. If you only choose one restaurant in Canberra, choose this one! We've never been anything but happy with this choice. :)

4  Thank 19jcj