“Review Budget Ibis Watson ACT”

Ibis Budget Canberra
Ranked #53 of 57 Hotels in Canberra
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was certainly value for money, although the rooms are small . Possibly tea /coffee making facilites could be requested for the room , perhaps with a deposit paid for their use? Very helpful front desk staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded December 12, 2012

Hi EmpressWu

Thank you for for your feedback on your stay at the Ibis Budget Hotel Canberra! It is always a pleasure to receive postive feedback, we do offer complimentary tea and coffee to our guest in the afternoon/evening,

There are newer reviews for Ibis Budget Canberra

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I understand that this is budget accommodation, but the poor customer service from front reception cancelled out any savings. On departure at 6.45am when wanting a $20 refund on the borrowed hair dryer, the person at reception told me that reception didn't open until 7am. Problem with that was, he was standing next to the drawer into which I had seen him place my cash deposit the night before. After an unpleasant exchange he did reach down open the drawer and retrieve my deposit, but the officious way in which he responded was so unnecessary. Comfortable bed, but I won't be back, such unnecessary unhelpfulness in a customer service role not really acceptable in any standard of accommodation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
2  Thank Lynne S
Management response:Responded December 12, 2012

Hi Lynnes

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Ibis Budget Hotel Canberra! I am sorry that you experienced some issues with the staff and you were not advised that your refund would be returned to you in reception opening hours, Please accept my apoliges for the inconvienence that was cuased during you check out process.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The room was small, highway noise
Bathroom was modular and hand basin other side of room
No chair to sit on
No room for luggage
We won't stay there again
Location was in the area we wanted pity property not up to standard

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lyttlemarg
Management response:Responded December 11, 2012

Hi Lyttlemarg

Thank you for your feedback on the Ibis Budget Hotel Canberra, the hotel has just been through a full refurbishment and the rooms are all the same as it is brand standard in most of the Ibis Budget hotels.
I am sorry that your stay was not what you expected so please accept my apologise.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I found the Ibis hotel very clean, easy to find, farely close to most places and with parking. The reception staff friendly, the room was very clean and the service great, BUTwith no fridge or even coffee making fascitles?? that was disappointing..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded December 11, 2012

Hi Cezsydney_austr

Thank you for your comments on your stay at the Ibis Budget hotel Canberra, it always a pleaseure to get some positive feedback.

We do have complimentary tea and coffee in the dining area between 4pm -9pm for our guest to enjoy, unfortunately it is brand standard that they are not in the rooms.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded November 10, 2012

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel when it was Formula 1 l and found it fantastic accommodation for an overnight stay.

I attempted to stay here recently, I booked the accommodation over the phone and checked in in the afternoon and picked up my room card, I left straight away instead of taking my belongings to the room as I was planning to arrive back later. When I arrived back at the Hotel I opened my Hotel room to find two people sleeping in the bed.

The guest that was in the room jumped out of bed and was abusing me. I understand their frustration of a stranger walking in on them whilst they are sleeping!

As it was very late or early morning no one was present at reception. So I just left the building and was lucky enough to find other accommodation in Canberra.

The Ibis Hotel Canberra has obviously double booked my room in which they refuse to refund my money or admit that a mistake by the hotel was made.

I was given the number of management to contact in which they dismissed my situation completely. I found them extremely arrogant and they have stolen my money.

Room Tip: Very disapointed in the customer service of the management of this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank reviewtosee
Management response:Responded October 30, 2012

Hi Reviewtosee

In regards to your stay at the Ibis Budget hotel Canberra, I have spoken to the staff here in regards to your stay and as mentioned to you previously, that the Hotel had not doubled booked your room as it is shown by the evidence that we have.

I have tried to contact you several times by phone, I am more than happy to resolve this issue with you personally.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Ibis Budget is the rebranded name of the F1 chain. I have stayed in F1's before and have generally found them to be quite dirty and the staff rude, but the Canberra Ibis Budget was both clean and staffed by polite, courteous workers. With these motels, you only get the basics (thats why they are so cheap). No fridge, tea, coffee and rooms are small and sparse. I particularly hate the bathrooms, which comprise of a small room with a shower almost over the top of the toilet, and a large step to get inside. That said, for overnight accomodation, they are fine.

We booked three adjoining rooms on the coldest Canberra night in a long time - the rooms though not equipped with much bedding, were easy to heat with the wall mounted heater and we slept comffortably. One thing that was quite annoying was a drip in the rear of the toilet unit - this was only just audible though. There is a building sute next door at present and as such construction noise starts quite early in the morning - this is beyond the hotels control so I won't hold that against them. The lack of parking (which I believe may have been caused by construction workers using the hotel car park???) IS within the hotels control and one other small thing I found iritating. Otherwise, considering the small cost of the rooms, this motel is very good value for money.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you don't have a car - it is NOT within the city centre (approx 10km awa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded October 30, 2012

Hi Cherrydee

Thank you for staying with us at the Ibis Budget Hotel Canberra, your comments about our staff and hotel are very much appreciated.

Carpark issues have been resolved with the Construction site.